New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Earlier this week, I had messages from Green, LibDem, Tory and Labour individuals, each one supportive of the stadium. Each one indicated that Bakerie had done an amazing job in person last week, the Heads of Terms were agreed and expect something soon (Tuesday)

The warning signs started late Tuesday with a flurry of "what the FK is Levy playing at?" messages. Lots of panic, lots of chaos.

There's two outcomes.

1) The club, The County are waiting to today to announce the HoT, with the SKY cameras in town. The LibDems info allueded to how the Leadership could come out positively, maybe there's an arrangement for this to happen today, and paint the libdems positively

2) There's shenanigans at play. What we know is Middleton, Levy and Gant are desperate to not lose face in amongst thier political and socila circles. They have all said off record that the stadium is going to get built, but they want to delay it as much as possible to keep their supporters onside - Suzie does have influence with certain very wealthy older circles.

Either way seems like the club is being used for personal benefit. Never forget this moment.

Also, if you want results, a few hundred fans outside County Hall on Saturday 3pm, that will spur a lot of panic. Mark my words. I managed to get parking resolved at Oxpens after years of fighting, by offering to have12 hockey players in kit to stand outside the City Council Chambers and be photographed. Council crapped themselves. Public visible displays work wonders.

Earlier this week, I had messages from Green, LibDem, Tory and Labour individuals, each one supportive of the stadium. Each one indicated that Bakerie had done an amazing job in person last week, the Heads of Terms were agreed and expect something soon (Tuesday)

The warning signs started late Tuesday with a flurry of "what the FK is Levy playing at?" messages. Lots of panic, lots of chaos.

There's two outcomes.

1) The club, The County are waiting to today to announce the HoT, with the SKY cameras in town. The LibDems info allueded to how the Leadership could come out positively, maybe there's an arrangement for this to happen today, and paint the libdems positively

2) There's shenanigans at play. What we know is Middleton, Levy and Gant are desperate to not lose face in amongst thier political and socila circles. They have all said off record that the stadium is going to get built, but they want to delay it as much as possible to keep their supporters onside - Suzie does have influence with certain very wealthy older circles.

Either way seems like the club is being used for personal benefit. Never forget this moment.

Also, if you want results, a few hundred fans outside County Hall on Saturday 3pm, that will spur a lot of panic. Mark my words. I managed to get parking resolved at Oxpens after years of fighting, by offering to have12 hockey players in kit to stand outside the City Council Chambers and be photographed. Council crapped themselves. Public visible displays work wonders.
I’m not an organiser but would definitely attend any kind of protest.

• React
Reactions: GRB

There's two outcomes.

I think it's a little late for Middleton, Levy and Gant to be worried about saving face! They have alienated an awful lot of people.
I for one will never forget their games which have risked my football club.
Oh and well done Swissyellow- I expect that a lot if these opponents are sick if your tweets/ emails!!

I was speaking to a Begbroke Parish Counvillor yesterday evening and he was far from convinced that the stadium will be built.

He believes the objections will be sufficient to cause major delays that will result in OUFC being required to play out of county for a substantial period of time.

I’d say that now is most definitely the time to up the anti with protests and I would most definitely attend a well organised and coordinated event.

I think it's a little late for Middleton, Levy and Gant to be worried about saving face! They have alienated an awful lot of people.
I for one will never forget their games which have risked my football club.
Oh and well done Swissyellow- I expect that a lot if these opponents are sick if your tweets/ emails!!
One of these folks has been asking around who "SwissYellow" is? and also said that I'm a loud mouth. XD

I was speaking to a Begbroke Parish Counvillor yesterday evening and he was far from convinced that the stadium will be built.

He believes the objections will be sufficient to cause major delays that will result in OUFC being required to play out of county for a substantial period of time.

I’d say that now is most definitely the time to up the anti with protests and I would most definitely attend a well organised and coordinated event.
This is a real risk. they think they can delay not stop the stadium

I live in Begbroke and know a few involved in Begbroke Parish Council. They know f*** all but I absolutely agree that the ante needs cracking up big time. Particularly after what the likes of Levy has done this week.

Last edited:
Only Wrexham's ground is nearer to a railway station!

Also isn't a road next to a railway station pretty much essential? The only stations I can think of with no direct road access are in the Highlands of Scotland, Dovey Junction in Wales and Smallbrook Junction on the Isle of Wight.

He really is clueless and deliberately being obtuse.

Come on Middleton sits on a council that built a P&R at a cost of £51m and forgot about how cars and buses would access it. How much more proof do people need to realise what a joke this person really is.

That would surprise me based on what people on here who appear to know what they are talking about suggest.
Planning is about process and it looks as if those for will be far higher than those objecting.
It is likely to be called in by the secretary if state, but there seems to be precedent for a football club to build on green belt as it is so important for the local community.
A judicial review seems unlikely unless process hasn't been followed properly.
The risk I guess is the lease?

Come on Middleton sits on a council that built a P&R at a cost of £51m and forgot about how cars and buses would access it. How much more proof do people need to realise what a joke this person really is.
Exactly, he is from a group who think facilities don't require road access, whether that's facilities beyond the LTNs in Oxford or a Park and Ride without an access road. A stadium or rail station without a road would on recent form be a perfect solution for some on our councils.

There's two outcomes.

I suspect it’s the latter if the two.

Each delay damages the club, and those that deliberately cause the delays know it.

They are using the club as a political footbal, and as you say purely for personal benefit.

Football fans have long memories, and regardless of the outcome we won’t forget who supported us and who turned their back on us.

It’s likely that Cllr Levy’s team, Stockport County will be in the same league as Oxford United next season.

Any deliberate delay or decision making he is involved with that damages OUFC will potentially benefit rival clubs.

Another conflict of interest. He should be removed from the decision making process surrounding Heads of Terms and the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom