New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Yep. We have plenty of fight left in us

OUFC will not be homeless or die on my watch.

Admire the sentiment but unless you're going to take over Levy's role in the council the stadium proposal appears to be dead.

The club may live on but this was a huge missed opportunity.

Admire the sentiment but unless you're going to take over Levy's role in the council the stadium proposal appears to be dead.

I can't get involved in the council - it appears to be for people from outside Oxfordshire only.

Don't give up hope. We have to fight these charlatans and secure our future.

I notice Middleton’s objection has been included in a general comment from OCC.

He concludes by saying that he is sympathetic to the plight of the club and would support them in finding a new home.

Just not one by you, Ian, right?

‘Local Member View’.

Oh, he’s a member all right. All those pages written and few will read them. Most look like a rehash of the comments he made to CDC some time ago.

He clearly has no idea what he's talking about. Again.
Ian Middleton has no idea about the history of Oxford United and its supporters. He has absolutely no idea on the amount of decades that the club we love have spent looking for a suitable venue to replace the manor ground. He has no idea on the issues that the club faced when the Kassam was first started to be built or how we ended up with Ka££am and his journey. I have no doubt he thinks it’s easy to acquire a piece of land to move the club to and build a new stadium, he could not be more wrong. The fact that the lease at the Kassam ends at the end of the 25/26 season, makes the issue the number one priority for those of us who want this club of ours to survive.

When they realise how passionate we are about our club, they may fully understand where we stands.

As a matter of interest

Do we know who is up for election and where?

For instance there is no vote for Councillors in Abingdon.

If anyone has the time or inclination can they let us know who is standing where And more importantly who to vote for.
If in one ward The Conservatives are up against Lib Dem’s with Labour a distant third, then whatever your normal political persuasion vote Conservative and vice versa in other wards.

Trouble is there are only a few of us on here, what we really need to do is get this out there on social media.

A VOTE FOR THE GREENS AND LIB DEMS KILLS OUR CLUB

I notice Middleton’s objection has been included in a general comment from OCC.

He concludes by saying that he is sympathetic to the plight of the club and would support them in finding a new home.

Just not one by you, Ian, right?

Am I right in thinking most, if not all, the queries from Transport should be covered by the new modelling?

Last edited:

You have posted several times these kind of defeatist posts, and they are really not very helpful.

OCC approved a conditional lease on the land. If those conditions are met, then the lease must be honoured or the club will take legal action. Levy can be as hypocritical as he wants and delay as much as he wants, but he can't over turn a council decision.

There is plenty to fight for. Now is not the time to throw the towel in.

Last edited:
You gave posted several times these kind of defeatist posts, and they are really not very helpful.

OCC approved a conditional lease on the land. If those conditions are met, then the lease must be honoured or the club will take legal action. Levy can be as hypocritical as he wants and delay as much as he wants, but he can't over turn a council decision.

There is plenty to fight for. Now is not the time to throw the towel in.

Let's make no mistake, we won't be throwing the towel in even if planning is rejected!

Nonsense. This is by no means over . It is by ni means dead.Levy does not have the ability to single handedly kill a football club.

Ye Gods - take a chill pill, one councillor can not scupper this. I am not unduly concerned by this political posturing - it's part of the process and will be overcome.

With respect, whenever there is a slight negative on this project, you suggest it's all over. It most certainly isn't.

Ye Gods - take a chill pill, one councillor can not scupper this. I am not unduly concerned by this political posturing - it's part of the process and will be overcome.

With respect, whenever there is a slight negative on this project, you suggest it's all over. It most certainly isn't.
Spot on.

IMG_0824.jpeg

Well I’m afraid it doesn’t have the support of locals as almost all I’ve checked are in support 🤣 fair enough if you want to object but don’t include incorrect statements 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading the objections that have been uploaded today, I came across one from an Oxford United supporter, based in Kidlington.
That objector's Facebook profile shows him as a Gosford All-Blacks supporter (along with other less salubrious followings).

You would have thought he might have taken time to find out the benefits which the OUFC stadium application would bring to his local interests

EDIT
As the surname of the "OUFC supporter" is uncommon, it's interesting that a second objection from a person sharing the same surname also appears on the portal, although they have given their address as a business located in Steeple Aston. A cursory search of public domain records shows both these objectors share a common address in Kidlington but once again I must stress that there is nothing wrong with the manner in which these objections are made - the wifi might have been down at home when they needed to make their submission......

Last edited:
In fact, there are four objections in a row from the same surname (Clarke) living in Kidlington and which are absolutely identical. They all begin with this bewildering statement:

"Traffic congestion and road closures - these should be major concerns for the councils, i dont not under way this is not!"
It’s fine, I’ll counter that with my mum,dad, 2 sisters who all live at the same address. Two can play that game

Back
Top Bottom