New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

So you know I've read every single word and document of our planning application
I got bored of reading there objection list not one single person will write anything and I mean anything like what they hope. it will be the usual kassam said they can stay rubbish
They are still claiming buses will park on frieze way proved untrue moaning about buses unloading in park way guess what that's what buses do.
reading that lot was 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back it was a bore
Don't give up Billy your doing excellent work, it's bloody hard though a? the complacency in the fan base is staggering

I’d love to see what evidence and stats they have that suggests the majority of our fan base live East of Oxford.
i d reckon theres a fair amount in OX3 , Headington... but as the CDC portal confirms, a significant number in OX5 ,and across the county, as well as further afield too

I think south east Oxford is east Oxford in this case.

But so what, are people from south east Oxford/east Oxford/the working class estates (which is what they really mean and what they really have a problem with) not allowed to travel near to North Oxford?

Cutteslowe and Northway are working class areas but that's north Oxford. Or do they mean council estates and have a problem with them?

I think south east Oxford is east Oxford in this case.

But so what, are people from south east Oxford/east Oxford/the working class estates (which is what they really mean and what they really have a problem with) not allowed to travel near to North Oxford?
Still not the majority tho I'd say it's from the south that most Oxford supporters are coming from to reach the triangle

But no we have fans all over the city and county due to being the only professional football club in the county.

Not to mention the fact that people, ya know, move?

I'm an exile now, but having grown up in South Oxon, I then moved out of home and lived permanently in OX1, OX4 and OX2 (twice).

In OX2 I lived just off Woodstock Road and literally on Banbury Road - both at the top end (so very much in what we might now deem 'nimby territory').

I can tell you now that they all felt very much 'OUFC' - including in OX2 (whether that be watching us on Setanta in The Woodstock Arms (RIP) or - inevitably - bumping into Joey in Summertown Ladbrokes 😉).

This notion that the club only represents, or is only supported by, certain parts of the city or county is not only intentionally divisive, but an absolute nonsense.

It's our City, our County. OUR Football Club.

And all 3 are intrinsically linked - in their entirety.

I'm an exile now, but having grown up in South Oxon, I then moved out of home and lived permanently in OX1, OX4 and OX2 (twice).

In OX2 I lived just off Woodstock Road and literally on Banbury Road - both at the top end (so very much in what we might now deem 'nimby territory').

I can tell you now that they all felt very much 'OUFC' - including in OX2 (whether that be watching us on Setanta in The Woodstock Arms (RIP) or - inevitably - bumping into Joey in Summertown Ladbrokes 😉).

This notion that the club only represents, or is only supported by, certain parts of the city or county is not only intentionally divisive, but an absolute nonsense.

Amen, Brother.

Also it’s still not very far from Greater Leys say to the Triangle, this makes it seem as if we are moving from Henley to Banbury rather than a little bit around the ring road, when I lived in Woodfarm I never considered Sainsburys at Kidlington an arduous trek.

Finger crossed that we're just being typical Oxford fans and over reacting to stuff. Sounds promising

Here’s hoping.

During the down periods where were left waiting, we are all prone to panic and post increasingly worried posts regarding news on the latest happenings.

See also: Posts on transfer news between 5pm from the final game of the season to 2.59pm for the first game of the new season by @bazzer9461.

So is it just objections that can be posted after the deadline or can we all post.
Don't take the risk. Get all of our support in before 22nd April as well as contacting your local councillors ahead of their meeting next week.

We have to show the strength of support for the stadium and show that they had better not take our votes for granted ahead of local elections.

Back
Top Bottom