New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I feel for Liam and the others who work on the sports side of things. They do a good job covering the club and don't deserve to be linked to the clowns who are happy to publish any FoSB fulled rubbish.
Exactly this, he interacts with people on Twitter too. Top bloke.

Interesting piece in FoSBs recent newsletter regarding elections. Strange to out the Lib Dems as friends of the stadium when we they appear to be in bed with FoSB on so much! I wonder if FoSB are trying to push their supporters towards the local Green candidate that they have absolutely no links to and definitely isn't stoking up opposition for the stadium as some political power grab?

View attachment 18554

It's a false flag attack to cover their tracks. The local LibDem/Green "progressive Oxfordshire" alliance are against the stadium. The LibDem's have been paying us lip service all along. They are in opposition to the stadium with the Greens because they owe the Greens a favour for making the alliance successful in their eyes. The LibDem's need the Greens to hold onto power locally so if the Greens say object then they will.

As I've predicted before I can see planning being granted but the LibDem controlled county council refusing to sign the lease until the footbridge is approved - no building work can start without a lease.

It could be the case Cherwell agree with many and deem the footbridge unnecessary when extremely time limited and very occasional road closures will ensure the safety of fans entering and exiting the stadium but no bridge means no lease and no lease means no stadium.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

Maybe if the Redbridge pick up works, perhaps Water Eaton can be trialed?

Well according to Tackley Steve you can’t use a park and ride unless you are getting on a bus? Do coaches count or will we see the elderly scarfers that use the London Road coaches be swooped upon by a swat team for breaking such a completely made up and unenforceable law?

Well according to Tackley Steve you can’t use a park and ride unless you are getting on a bus? Do coaches count or will we see the elderly scarfers that use the London Road coaches be swooped upon by a swat team for breaking such a completely made up and unenforceable law?
Steve will be getting his old bailiff gear out ready to enforce the law

Everyday sometimes 3 times a day I've posted on Twitter the link to comment on the planning application no idea if this returns in us getting more comments but I'm getting between 10 and 20 link clicks on every tweet let's get more people pushing it on social media Screenshot_2024-03-27-06-35-14-64_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpgScreenshot_2024-03-27-06-35-47-94_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

It's a false flag attack to cover their tracks. The local LibDem/Green "progressive Oxfordshire" alliance are against the stadium. The LibDem's have been paying us lip service all along. They are in opposition to the stadium with the Greens because they owe the Greens a favour for making the alliance successful in their eyes. The LibDem's need the Greens to hold onto power locally so if the Greens say object then they will.

As I've predicted before I can see planning being granted but the LibDem controlled county council refusing to sign the lease until the footbridge is approved - no building work can start without a lease.

It could be the case Cherwell agree with many and deem the footbridge unnecessary when extremely time limited and very occasional road closures will ensure the safety of fans entering and exiting the stadium but no bridge means no lease and no lease means no stadium.

Let's hope I'm wrong.
I guess it's up to the club now to get the planning application in for the bridge ASAP, since this is the last and only real weapon the opposition have to reject the stadium.

Everything else they say is all just opinions and misinformation that would be dismissed by planning law.

The only barrier is OCC's final lease decision after planning, should it be approved.

I would like to put it out there that I feel we don’t need a bridge or a road closure.

As I understand it there are two crossing points-traffic lights at the moment at the parkway.Getting to the match no problems.
The amount of traffic after a game will be at a crawl so supporters leaving the game will be able to cross the road easily.
At Grenoble Road the amount of fans going in the direction of the science park after the game is huge, there are NO crossing points and to my knowledge in 20 plus years have been no accidents involving pedestrians.
The question is,are those Lib Dem’s saying, no bridge- no stadium or road closure no stadium?

As for those residents saying they will be prisoners in their own home I would suggest that between 3 and 5 every Saturday afternoon would be an ideal time to pop out because the road will be empty

Last edited:
This is common place these days and will ensure away fans are directed to the right car parks (but why wouldn't you take the train), pubs etc on a match day.

Check out the shuttle bus...

Isn't it an hour longer from Oxford to Shrewsbury by train and involves a couple of changes?

We've almost always driven to away games. 99% of the time it's quicker and just a lot less faffing. I understand why people take the train though

I would like to put it out there that I feel we don’t need a bridge or a road closure.

As I understand it there are two crossing points-traffic lights at the moment at the parkway.Getting to the match no problems.
The amount of traffic after a game will be at a crawl so supporters leaving the game will be able to cross the road easily.
At Grenoble Road the amount of fans going in the direction of the science park after the game is huge, there are NO crossing points and to my knowledge in 20 plus years have been no accidents involving pedestrians.
The question is,are those Lib Dem’s saying, no bridge- no stadium or road closure no stadium?

As for those residents saying they will be prisoners in their own home I would suggest that between 3 and 5 every Saturday afternoon would be an ideal time to pop out because the road will be empty
There are 4 crossing points between Oxford parkway and Sainsbury roundabout.
Have been saying from day 1, that increasing the width of just 2 of them.
Would be more than adequate.
All linked to the traffic light system.

Back
Top Bottom