New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

You can add a zero on to that!

Steveopedia will have to go back to evicting people to pay the bill.
The following costs were incurred by the GLA Group (GLA, TfL, MOPAC) instructing Counsel to defend claims for judicial review: 2015 - £89,955, 2016 - £354,223.81 and 2017 - £367,193.91.

You can’t imagine how much it would cost today. I would suggest double.

I know covid was boring if you were stuck at home, but seriously how bored must these people be to campaign against fun and employment?
To be fair Chesterton is a very small village

The arguments wouldn't of been any fun I'll give you that because the developer wouldn't answer back

They cannot appeal but might apply for leave to make a Judicial Review
But don’t they have to show cause to be able to launch a judicial review and one of the reasons would be down to parking which is why we are dealing with the parking by way of sustainable travel.

Last edited:
I'm guessing they failed anyways because I'm pretty sure it's under construction?
Definitely going ahead just interesting that a much bigger group than fosb managed to fund raise 80k can't see fosb getting up to 10k let alone 80k

The Gurkha Village and the Miller and Carter are the two closest and if I owned them would turn them back into pubs again if planning is granted. Will make a

I'm guessing they failed anyways because I'm pretty sure it's under construction?
Yes, they won the appeal. I believe they are having major problems with the build, particularly the electric’s. I’m still amazed it was passed as the roads around there are very narrow.

I've a few customers I visit regularly in Chesterton so have spoke about it a few times, CDC rejected their application and every other council objected.

Wolfe won on appeal, the money raised was a complete waste of time as the planning inspector granted permission.

Funny thing is, when I spoke to them about the stadium they said it was the perfect location for it.

But don’t they have to show cause to be able to launch a judicial review and one of the reasons would be down to parking which is why we are dealing with the parking by way of sustainable travel.

Lack of parking isn't a case for a judicial review.

The stadium is trying to encourage as many to use public transport, hence why this is the perfect location to do this.

Comments submitted on planning portal as follows…

I grew up in Jericho and have been a supporter of Oxford United since the age of 11. Schooled in St Barnabus, Bishop Kirk and Oxford Boys. I am now 51 and exiled in Essex. That’s 40 years of following a wonderfully unique club, a sense of belonging to something socially cohesive, enjoyable, sometimes passionate, often despairing a life-affirming game of ups and downs.
Losing the Manor Ground was sadly inevitable, gaining the Kassam was underwhelming and in the end has been extremely frustrating and disappointing as well as a financial curse around the club’s neck.
This astonishing chance to have a state of the art, environmentally friendly, first class and beautiful new stadium built within earshot of where I played and grew up (Port Meadow, Wolvercote, Jericho) must not be passed up and thrown away and destroyed.
It may never happen again if we don’t grasp, with every fibre of our being, with all the will-power necessary to placate the naysayers and spoil-sports (literally) who will never want anything near them, who will always cry foul, make up spurious arguments, put everyone’s hard work at risk.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for societal good, for community, for mental and physical well-being, for local community sports clubs, for youngsters to have something else to follow and believe in - like I did - a council house kid who found a wider connection and, despite the occasional hard times (for the club) a feeling that no matter what we would all be in this together.
Allied to the perfect location in terms of travel hubs (my journey from near Stansted will involve the train), many fans live nationally not just locally, the green credentials are impressive and bike use is also very feasible.
Employment opportunities and links to the local community and county are also massive.
It’s important that any building, ever on green belt land is done for unique reasons that will do so much more good than harm. An old bit of ‘toxic wasteland’ transformed into a green hub, a beacon and light of positive change and ideas - this is our chance!
Please I implore you, do the right thing and sign this through now. It may indeed be very survival of the club at stake.

It’s not much but hopefully it helps a tiny bit.

They started, did the paths etc but then hit issues with getting utilities (rumour) to the site and got a better site in Basingstoke

Site been closed for months, I suspect now it’s a dug up golf course it will be easier to get planning for houses

That’s my suspicion anyway

Steppers from Chesterton

Lack of parking isn't a case for a judicial review.

The stadium is trying to encourage as many to use public transport, hence why this is the perfect location to do this.
That’s why I think the club have kept reasonably quiet about the parking because of a possible judicial review

They started, did the paths etc but then hit issues with getting utilities (rumour) to the site and got a better site in Basingstoke

Site been closed for months, I suspect now it’s a dug up golf course it will be easier to get planning for houses

That’s my suspicion anyway

Steppers from Chesterton
So Oxfordshire is going to miss out on a great leisure facility ???
There isn't much in Oxon for leisure apart from walks ....Oxonians have to travel miles to any major leisure attractions so surely a decent football stadium isn't too much to ask for is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom