New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I wonder how many are waiting for permission from FoSB to send in their generic objections? The irony being that a "cut and paste" campaign is pretty much dismissed out of hand.

They should already know this considering how many times they object to things but if they don't; leave them to it and let them get on with generic responses.

Every planning application will generate objections from those closest to it due to fear of change, disruption or traffic. Its the very reason why Nimbyism is a real and recognised thing.

But even neighbours objecting to the building of a rear extension have little validity if the planning application has followed due purpose.

A project like this will always benefit the far wider community as well as those in the OX5 postcode. It would be great to get supportive comments from all areas, but I wouldn't worry if there is an imbalance from local residents, in fact I would expect it.

What about the OX2 postcode since the triangle has an OX2 postcode not an OX5? 😜

This is a fact that maybe should be highlighted a bit more considering FOSB keep stating that the stadium will be in Kidlington when, it is factually incorrect and proven by the postcode.
I don't think FoSB care that much where people are from. The head honchos are from North Oxford, Yarnton, Tackley, Jericho, Poole...

This is a fact that maybe should be highlighted a bit more considering FOSB keep stating that the stadium will be in Kidlington when, it is factually incorrect and proven by the postcode.
when have facts had any bearing on whatever it is FoSB are claiming this week?

Josh Murphy I very much believe has motivational issues I've seen alot from him lately in the press speaking about how now he's a father it's time to grow up and gives him a different perspective on life and also how having a manager that trusts you on the pitch and doesn't give you a bollocking whenever you do something wrong. So maybe just maybe we are finally getting the benefit of having a motivated Josh Murphy will it last who knows would I offer him a new deal maybe I'm not sure but I know I'd rather have him playing for us than against us
I think he is motivated by the number of toilets planned for the new stadium.

I had the Green Party election leaflet through my door over the weekend, with Middleton's mush all over it. It proved useful for lighting the fire.

Walking space on Frieze way is an odd one, cycle lane maybe at a push, but I can't see anyone walking that far for where it takes you
Sadly, I think he’s just one of those new type of “politicians” who say controversial or crazy things with the aim of rubbing people up the wrong way, in a bid to raise their own profile.

Unfortunately the modern media landscape
favours this style of “politics”, either through click bait at a local level, or the hungry headline grabbing 24 hour news cycle at the national level.

I doubt if your be lucky to see Middleton knocking on your door. In the 13 years I've been living in Kidlington, he's not knocked on my door. In fact to be honest I've never seen him in Kidlington..
The only time I've seen & heard of him,in those years. Is through , the Oxford mail, radio & social media platforms & television...

• React
Reactions: GRB
I doubt if your be lucky to see Middleton knocking on your door. In the 13 years I've been living in Kidlington, he's not knocked on my door. In fact to be honest I've never seen him in Kidlington..
The only time I've seen & heard of him,in those years. Is through , the Oxford mail, radio & social media platforms & television...
Not a "man of the people" then? How strange.

Funny that he would "jokingly" suggest this after Suzanne said about coaches last week
View attachment 18419
Billy, The new bus lane, cycle path and pedestrian path from the Cassington Turn right up to the Frieze Way roundabout is very underused by any of those it was developed for. Now half joking why not consider using the bus lane from the Cassington turn up to the roundabout as a parking for the away supporters coaches? The fans could be dropped off at the triangle and then the coach could return to park along the bus lane. The Turnpike would be ideal for the away supporters or the Red Lion in Yarnton. A win win. (Just a windup so don’t get to excited Mr & Mrs Middleton)

Billy, The new bus lane, cycle path and pedestrian path from the Cassington Turn right up to the Frieze Way roundabout is very underused by any of those it was developed for. Now half joking why not consider using the bus lane from the Cassington turn up to the roundabout as a parking for the away supporters coaches? The fans could be dropped off at the triangle and then the coach could return to park along the bus lane. The Turnpike would be ideal for the away supporters or the Red Lion in Yarnton. A win win. (Just a windup so don’t get to excited Mr & Mrs Middleton)

According to google maps, The Turnpike at Yarnton is just over a 30 mins walk to The Triangle.

Clearly it’s not just businesses in Kidlington that will benefit from the new stadium, but in places like Yarnton too, let’s face it village pubs like the Turnpike and the Red Lion need all the extra support and customers they can get.

According to google maps, The Turnpike at Yarnton is just over a 30 mins walk to The Triangle.

Clearly it’s not just businesses in Kidlington that will benefit from the new stadium, but in places like Yarnton too, let’s face it village pubs like the Turnpike and the Red Lion need all the extra support and customers they can get.
The Gurkha Village and the Miller and Carter are the two closest and if I owned them would turn them back into pubs again if planning is granted. Will make a killing!

But Steveopedia said pubs would shut to "avoid aggro" !

I can imagine pretty much all businesses located on Kidlington will want the extra footfall a football stadium would bring.

Middleton was a big shot on twitter a few years back 👀

Back
Top Bottom