New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

and if we take the 2023/23 season as the fixture list was made it was 15 games on a saturday

It looks like being 14 home league games on a Saturday this season, but one of those was an early kick off so not at 3pm.

I've posted this here before but it feels like I need to again. I grew up in North Oxford and so get to speak to quite a few of my parents' friends who are in the main quite 'entitled'. I've spoken to a number of them calmly about the stadium because I genuinely want to understand what the real concerns are, (they are nearly all anti-stadium) and one of them said that she couldn't support the stadium in case she wants to go to Sainsburys on a Saturday Afternoon. I asked her how often she has done that in the past and she without missing a beat replied 'Well never, but what if I wanted to on occasion in the future'. There you have it, that's what we're dealing with. Luckily though as others have pointed out, such 'objections' will not stand muster in the planning process.
Keep fighting the good fight @Wallop and calmly explaining what the stadium means to so many people and the facilities it will bring to the area. You're our man/woman on the inside.

They should go to a game. They would be shocked at the normal people who enjoy it

Funny thing is the lady who made that comment is friends with someone I know who is an Oxford fan in the next village of Begbroke.

I bet these people don't go out full stop, they just live a sad existence and envy people with freinds and social lives.
I think some of these people just don't like other people enjoying themselves or trying to improve their lives. How many failed campaigns against progress has McIvor been involved in now?

Back
Top Bottom