New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

To be fair to the Oxford Mail it did have a top ten dogging sites in Oxfordshire click bait article online this week, quality local journalism that.
I was so hoping there was Kidlington on the list right must be off got to go and flash my lights in Witney

I

The Oxford Fail at it again & again& again..
They support so many anti progression in the County..View attachment 18139

It has been used as a political football but the fact remains trains will start running between Oxford and Bletchley next year. From Bletchley you can get easily to MK which is on the West Coast mainline thus making The Triangle nationally accessible by train and funding to complete it beyond Bletchley was approved yesterday.

Looking at the picture I guess that article is about the London Road crossing in Bicester, which to be fair should have had a plan made years ago instead of being kicked into the long grass.

Alternatives to this crossing aside, why do the barriers come down 3 or 4 minutes before a train goes through at 2mph?! It puts me right off a family treat meal in Jennys or Wimpy if they've been really good!!

It has been used as a political football but the fact remains trains will start running between Oxford and Bletchley next year. From Bletchley you can get easily to MK which is on the West Coast mainline thus making The Triangle nationally accessible by train and funding to complete it beyond Bletchley was approved yesterday.
Yes I know.. but wasn't HS2 , that didn't end well. That'll be a long time till it reaches Cambridge if at all.
I'm not really concerned about that really.
I'm more interested in getting the Cowley/ Littlemore / Oxford/ parkway line.
For our own supporters, from our own Town, to get to the Triangle.
Not so much away fans.....

Alternatives to this crossing aside, why do the barriers come down 3 or 4 minutes before a train goes through at 2mph?! It puts me right off a family treat meal in Jennys or Wimpy if they've been really good!!
It is certainly aggravating isn't it. It is on one of my 10 mile run routes at the 9 mile mark, seeing the barrier come down as you approach it is soul destroying knowing you have a 5 min wait (or 5mins running round the station carpark in circles as I tend to do) before it goes up again...

When they changed it from Bicester Town ,to Bicester village. To much emphasis was on Bicester Village & not the level crossing .
When Oxford to Bletchley & Bedford open that's more trains an hour ,that will be going through.
They really need to do something ...

Yes I know.. but wasn't HS2 , that didn't end well. That'll be a long time till it reaches Cambridge if at all.

The key bit, Parkway to Bletchley where you can then get to MK and national services has been completed and will be operation next year. That's key.

I'm a home fan and will be getting the train from MK/Bletchley

I'm a home fan and will be getting the train from MK/Bletchley
Yes I know , we've got fans all over the country & world. The main thing is getting a big chunk of our fans ,from the most populated part of Oxford to the triangle quick. You don't want people being put off , because it's a nightmare to get to.
I know what it's like I do the 2 busses, from Kidlington,to the K****m. Trust me ,a train straight through would be 10 / 15 minutes. Compared to 1 hour to whatever the traffic is like..

It is certainly aggravating isn't it. It is on one of my 10 mile run routes at the 9 mile mark, seeing the barrier come down as you approach it is soul destroying knowing you have a 5 min wait (or 5mins running round the station carpark in circles as I tend to do) before it goes up again...
you could run on the spot at the barrier?

The general narrative is positive providing the bridge is part of the build. This highlights how well the project has been considered and designed, to provide a community asset. The club has managed the process and suggested outcome very well!

Back
Top Bottom