New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Consultations in all walks of life are mainly tick box exercises, so those affected feel involved and no one can say they didn’t have an opportunity to have a say.

They happen in work places all the time, and very little ever gets changed despite comments from dozens or even hundreds of those affected. The stadium situation is no different. There are always so many different opinions about everything.

It makes any consultation process pretty pointless and meaningless as other than maybe an odd token gesture tweak, everything has already been decided anyway. It’s not surprising in this instance given who and what is involved that any changes to the original plans are very hard to spot, if indeed there any.

The term consultation is one of the most falsely used phrases in society, and really anyone organising one should say here’s what we are doing and this is the plan, comment if you like but everything has already been decided anyway.

But only when it's full capacity I believe, which if we take it as at the kassam how many games he had that's been full capacity not many in 20 odd years.
There has to be some give and take on this issue, we have cut it down from 2 hours to half an hour we have cut it from every game to just high attendance. at the end of the day it's occ and highway who makes that decision to close a road not Oufc

OCC won't allow that, it's no road closures at all. OCC and the LibDem/Green alliance who run it do not want this stadium so will not give any concessions on road closures.

OCC won't allow that, it's no road closures at all. OCC and the LibDem/Green alliance who run it do not want this stadium so will not give any concessions on road closures.
Sadly this is the case. The road closure issue is the only way to detail the stadium which is why Miller, Middleton, Steveopedia, Meister etc are so obsessed with it whilst still enthusiastically supporting LTNs in less affluent areas of the county. Hypocrites, the lot of them.

I feel like the whole road closure thing could have all been avoided if they had previously said that "traffic control measures will be put in place for 30 minutes after large events only" then there may have been more willingness to compromise from OCC at the deciding meeting in October.

Or find a solution of course.
There is no solution you can't build a bridge to accommodate 16k people you can't build a subway as your tunneling in to thin air under the Oxford road.
Your telling me if we have met every other condition that occ would kill the club for the sake of half an hour or 19 hours per year and even then it could well be just half an hour for one game a year when there is a duel carriageway the other side of the triangle that goes to the same place

I feel like the whole road closure thing could have all been avoided if they had previously said that "traffic control measures will be put in place for 30 minutes after large events only" then there may have been more willingness to compromise from OCC at the deciding meeting in October.
It's what in the planning application that counts what was said before that shouldn't be taken into account you say these things to test the water see what you can get away with

I get the sense that no matter what the club proposed, the opposition would find fault with it.

There is no solution you can't build a bridge to accommodate 16k people you can't build a subway as your tunneling in to thin air under the Oxford road.
Your telling me if we have met every other condition that occ would kill the club for the sake of half an hour or 19 hours per year and even then it could well be just half an hour for one game a year when there is a duel carriageway the other side of the triangle that goes to the same place

Not all 16k fans would be arriving and leaving at the exact same minute of the day like they don't at the Kassam currently. Build a bridge and a couple of pedestrian crossings should be enough to keep the road open.

Nope, lots of us made suggestions on this, also the location of the safe standing area. All appears to have been ignored.

View attachment 18118

View attachment 18119

Looking at the sections with the scale line. The south stand has 26 rows of seats (row z). The height of the roof from the top row is approximately 7m. Contrast to the north stand which has only 22 rows of seats (row v) and a roof height between the top row of approximately 15m, that's over double the height with fewer rows of fans.

What i find really curious is that they aren't putting any home safe standing at the same end (south) as for away fans. If home fans prefer to make the south stand an area akin to a home 'end' closer to away fans, it makes it very likely we will have fans standing in an area not designed for that.

As i say, i might have misread the plans, but that doesn't seem sensible if correct.

The road didn't shut at Coventry. No road closures at Portsmouth Saturday. Ok everything was gridlocked

What i find really curious is that they aren't putting any home safe standing at the same end (south) as for away fans. If home fans prefer to make the south stand an area akin to a home 'end' closer to away fans, it makes it very likely we will have fans standing in an area not designed for that.

As i say, i might have misread the plans, but that doesn't seem sensible if correct.
That confused me, as well. I would have thought home safe standing next to the away fans would have helped improve the atmosphere.

I fear very few councillors locally would think twice about killing OUFC.

Don’t be so sure, it’s all political posturing at this point, let’s wait until a decision has to be made and the options are let the county’s only professional sports team die along with losing millions of investment in the community, vs a short inconvenience every other week for a total of an hour for no more than a few hundred of the counties residents

I suspect those two options will open a few eyes when the can can no longer be kicked down the road

Back
Top Bottom