New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Just for clarity, what I'm saying regarding the toilets, is that I think we're using up a lot of space (for men's AND women's toilets) some of which might have been better used to provide F&B outlets in the GA concourses, of which there don't seem to be many and they don't seem to be very big.

650 toilets is a huge amount, and although I'd far rather we had too many than not enough, it seems excessive. That over half are female toilets also seems excessive when taking into account that only between 15%/20% of EFL attendees are female. If we assume a 16,000 sell out, with 20% females, that is 3,200 females, and one toilet for every ten females, which I think is a crazily large amount.

I'm not knocking the design of the stadium per se, I quite like most of it, but the toilets are one detail that, once I started looking, doesn't stack up.

I suppose this adds a whole new dimension to spending too much time hanging around the North Stand toilets..........

Could some of these toilets actually be gender neutral?
No. They're all marked as M or F. There are a small number marked A, which is accessible, so these (as is often the norm) would be for either sex to use.

That wouldn't be in the plans yet would it? When I went its just food/drink vans up against a fence, plenty of room for that?
I have no idea if it would need to be included in the planning permission tbh. I'm just surprised that there's been no mention of food/drink other than a small sports bar, a small restaurant, and the usual concessions in the concourse. I would've thought the club would be trying to get as many fans in and around the stadium for as long as possible on match days to maximise revenue.

I have no idea if it would need to be included in the planning permission tbh. I'm just surprised that there's been no mention of food/drink other than a small sports bar, a small restaurant, and the usual concessions in the concourse. I would've thought the club would be trying to get as many fans in and around the stadium for as long as possible on match days to maximise revenue.
Do the concourses correctly they could be the solution in itself. They don't have to be empty breeze-block monstrosities like we have now.

No. They're all marked as M or F. There are a small number marked A.

So almost half of them are mine, and the other almost half are 'Free for all'.

A is probably for the anarchists who will doubtless descend on Kidlington too.

Do the concourses correctly they could be the solution in itself. They don't have to be empty breeze-block monstrosities like we have now.
True, but I was hoping for a 'hub' where there was substantial capacity for fans to eat, drink etc up till kick off. Unless the concourses are going to open a lot earlier and have substantial seating, people won't want to be in there for any significant amount of time.

One small sports bar just seems a bit... meh!

You're allowed to take your own food into stadiums. Alcohol is fine as long as it's not consumed in sight of the pitch.
At Coventry they wouldn’t let me take my almost finished burger in that I bought from their Fanzone’s area.
I was going to kick off about it but fortunately my daughter pulled me away!

At Coventry they wouldn’t let me take my almost finished burger in that I bought from their Fanzone’s area.
I was going to kick off about it but fortunately my daughter pulled me away!
did you let @OUSP know about it?

True, but I was hoping for a 'hub' where there was substantial capacity for fans to eat, drink etc up till kick off. Unless the concourses are going to open a lot earlier and have substantial seating, people won't want to be in there for any significant amount of time.

One small sports bar just seems a bit... meh!
..and its only a damn sports bar too

To be fair it's always the ladies toilets that have massive queues compared to the mens when ive been to other venues I'm always having to wait for my wife
You obviously didn't use Fratton Parks facilities at half time then. Thought i was going to miss start of 2nd half, and i only wanted a pee. Didn't have that problem on the London Road terrace lol

Just looking at the plans, the sports bar seems awfully small.

According to the plans it's about the same size as a tennis court (using singles lines).

That's tiny for a 16k capacity stadium.

EDIT: I know a lot of people will stay in Oxford to drink then make their way to the stadium, but you'd think the club would want to minimise pressure on public transport and also more importantly maximise potential revenue from people drinking at the stadium.
That was one thing I noticed originally and mentioned in my response to the fan survey. I think the sports bar could/should be 3 or 4 times the size

Back
Top Bottom