New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

It won’t be a closure if bus services, coaches ambulances etc can go down it, it will just be a diversion of private cars which isn’t a full road closure.
Yep, the devil is always in the detail. If only private cars are not able to use Oxford Road during the small road closures, then that is a very good outcome for all parties.

Just looking at the plans, the sports bar seems awfully small.

According to the plans it's about the same size as a tennis court (using singles lines).

That's tiny for a 16k capacity stadium.

EDIT: I know a lot of people will stay in Oxford to drink then make their way to the stadium, but you'd think the club would want to minimise pressure on public transport and also more importantly maximise potential revenue from people drinking at the stadium.

I've received Calum Miller's leaflet through my door, if someone could explain how to share an image on here without it being too big to download that would be great

I've received Calum Miller's leaflet through my door, if someone could explain how to share an image on here without it being too big to download that would be great
Take a photo on your phone and use the attach photo tool when posting, hope this helps! Screenshot_20240305-090429~2.png

Yes, the wording of the leaflet ("every match day", "routine closures") is definitely setting out his stall to allow things to progress without being seen to go against his pledges.

All very quiet in the comments section on the fail no antis around Oxford mail have even failed to post it up on Facebook, nextdoor quiet too

Also every match day? Half an hour either side of the game is hardly a whole day is it. He is using it to try and get votes, as said above he has been vague enough to backtrack and claim whatever minimal measures are put in place as a victory even though it was always going to be like this.

Has anyone managed to find in the documents which area(s) the safe standing will be?

Edit found it: This safe standing for the north stand and away corner.
Screenshot_20240305-102414__01.jpg

We need to push the club to put safe standing behind both goals. The atmosphere will be better in the south stand.

Last edited:
Steve hill yet again he now thinks it's illegal to park in a park and ride and not catch the bus and also network rail have said no to us parking there
Oh, dear. When I go to games at Cambridge Utd I often park at the nearby park and ride and walk to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom