New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

So £147 million the number we're looking at. Only read the exec summary so far, but it looks like the debt is going to go onto the club's books. Depends of course on how much is going to come from debt vs equity but that's a scary amount for a business with revenues the size of OUFC's, and no assets to speak of.

A friend has emailed me and others the “New Stadium Development Project Executive Summary” to have a look at. It took me well under a minute to spot the first misprint, and I found several others before I gave up reading.

Very amateurish. Who at the club is given the job of checking this stuff?

If we do get the bridge I would like an electric sign on both sides that would advertise future fixtures. It could also advise drivers on traffic congestion problems.
That's another thing that happens at Coventry, there are signs on the A444 and M6

A friend has emailed me and others the “New Stadium Development Project Executive Summary” to have a look at. It took me well under a minute to spot the first misprint, and I found several others before I gave up reading.

Very amateurish. Who at the club is given the job of checking this stuff?

Believe Ridge Partners and AFL would be responsible for that.

Away end concourse with segregation lines, blue line for larger away crowds.
Screenshot_20240305-071456__01__01.jpg

Away end seating segregation lines, blue area for larger crowds. These lines would probably move slightly depending on size of away crowd.
Screenshot_20240305-071616__01__01__01.jpg

I still worry about the road closures have we done enough to please occ

Can’t see it. The plans clearly state that diversions will be in place so traffic flow down the Oxford Road will be disrupted, exactly the thing that OCC have stated multiple times won’t be acceptable.

CDC may pass planning permission on the submitted plans, but it’s worthless without a lease for the land from OCC.

The planning application for the bridge is vital for the success of the overall scheme.

Can’t see it. The plans clearly state that diversions will be in place so traffic flow down the Oxford Road will be disrupted, exactly the thing that OCC have stated multiple times won’t be acceptable.

CDC may pass planning permission on the submitted plans, but it’s worthless without a lease for the land from OCC.

The planning application for the bridge is vital for the success of the overall scheme.
That was my thinking we have said only on capacity crowd that it would be closed surely there has to be a bit of a compromise

I reckon if we can guarantee that it would be for no more than 30 mins after games allowing for passage of buses and emergency vehicles, then we might be able to wangle it. It would be incredibly petty to effectively sign off on the death of the club for the sake of some very minor disruption at off peak times.

Back
Top Bottom