New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

And here’s another little club that want a nice new stadium. They also think it warrants a conversation about sourcing tax payers money 🙄🙄.

Their owners haven’t got a pot to p155 in, so I guess it is not an un reasonable angle to seek assistance from the bottomless pit that is the tax payer, I mean, nothing else to spend the taxpayers money on.

Doesn’t Man City’s ground already provide the stadium of the north? It’s a fantastic venue built for the commonwealth games. Also replacing Maine Road, which was itself nicknamed The Wembley of the north!

Well, I suppose after both Mn City and West Ham were gifted their stadiums, which were built using taxpayers money, they have a point . . . .(I jest!).

In fact why isn't the Etihad ALREADY the national stadium of the North, seeing as it started life a a public asset?

Blimey, I completely missed the Etihad one 🤦‍♂️

Perhaps it’s about levelling up 😱

Blimey, I completely missed the Etihad one 🤦‍♂️

Perhaps it’s about levelling up 😱
You never know...when City get hit with their MASSIVE FPP penalty and relegated three divisions*, they might be looking to sell the Etihad back into public ownership (or even funnier, to Man Utd) and look for something a bit more modest and more fitting of their station

*Of course we already know they will more than likely get off any serious sanctions

There seemed to be a whole stream of announcements on The Triangle.
My assumption was that this wouod he quickly followed by planning going in?
The last day of February next Thursday.
I assume that nobody has heard anything?

There seemed to be a whole stream of announcements on The Triangle.
My assumption was that this wouod he quickly followed by planning going in?
The last day of February next Thursday.
I assume that nobody has heard anything?
You would have thought so with a fans forum the following week, they would need good news as I think some of the questions could be hurtful to the chuckle brother's

If it isn't submitted, they can just deflect questions with "We don't feel we can discuss that while the planning process is at such a critical stage"....

Last edited:
Vale Park was planned to be the Wembley of the North. You can see where they had used a lot of space to build parts of huge stands that were never built.

If it isn't submitted, they can just deflect questions with "We don't feel we can discuss that while the planning process at such a critical stage"....
Then they have. To be pressed for an answer, we were told they hoped to have the plans submitted by the end of the year or as early as possible in 2024.

Then they have. To be pressed for an answer, we were told they hoped to have the plans submitted by the end of the year or as early as possible in 2024.
They last said by the end of March, but like I said, I'd heard that they were going to be submitted next week, may be 1st March?

They last said by the end of March, but like I said, I'd heard that they were going to be submitted next week, may be 1st March?
It does seem that the club are unmoving the goalposts so to speak quite often

Back
Top Bottom