New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Sorry but that is nowhere near true. Well in remarks to that site not being suitable for housing development. It's not Weston supermare beach 🤣

No it isn’t WSM beach. It could well be contaminated though and unfit for housing development…

I think it’s simplistic to say the Mail are biased against us, they’ll print anything that’s easy to report and will get clicks. But the opposition are giving them material and we aren’t - the club hasn’t said anything of consequence about the stadium for ages.

Wake up folks, we’re in trouble. There are 926 days left until Aug 1 2026 and we haven’t even submitted an application. There is zero chance of us playing at The Triangle in 26/27. Add a couple of years on and maybe we could.

Given that, the club should be delighted to hear that Kassam is open to us staying for a time, as ground sharing would kill the club financially.

We’ve played a high-stakes game of chicken and I think we’re going to need to blink first for the protection of the club.

None of this has anything to do with FoSB/Middleton. It’s simply a case of realism regarding logistics, bureaucracy and economics.

I understand that no one wants to hear this, let alone believe it so I’ll don the tin-hat, but above all else, OUFC must survive whilst staying close to Oxford, and that must be protected above all else.

Wake up folks, we’re in trouble. There are 926 days left until Aug 1 2026 and we haven’t even submitted an application. There is zero chance of us playing at The Triangle in 26/27. Add a couple of years on and maybe we could.

Given that, the club should be delighted to hear that Kassam is open to us staying for a time, as ground sharing would kill the club financially.

We’ve played a high-stakes game of chicken and I think we’re going to need to blink first for the protection of the club.

None of this has anything to do with FoSB/Middleton. It’s simply a case of realism regarding logistics, bureaucracy and economics.

I understand that no one wants to hear this, let alone believe it so I’ll don the tin-hat, but above all else, OUFC must survive whilst staying close to Oxford, and that must be protected above all else.
You’re right, it is a good thing that Kassam is open for us playing at the stadium past the end of the lease as this will mean we won’t have to groundshare while the new stadium gets built.
FOSB have also finally admitted that the lease does end in 2026 now.

As for the rest of the dramatics in your post, the club will be moving to a new stadium and planning will be submitted fairly soon IMO.

You’re right, it is a good thing that Kassam is open for us playing at the stadium past the end of the lease as this will mean we won’t have to groundshare while the new stadium gets built.
FOSB have also finally admitted that the lease does end in 2026 now.

As for the rest of the dramatics in your post, the club will be moving to a new stadium and planning will be submitted fairly soon IMO.

Dramatics. Really.

Do the maths.

Time to unpick this.

'Firoz Kassam has confirmed to the Oxford Mail he is happy for the Yellows to continue playing home games at the stadium in Littlemore.'

That's it? That's the major claim? What does FK mean? Until the end of the lease? For a short spell if the new stadium isn't finished? Forever? They've made a headline out of that and then got the usual players involved.

'The Green councillor [IM] said: “There’s more to this claim from Oxford United that they can’t negotiate to stay at the Kassam than they are letting on”.'

Go on then, Ian. Prove it. Oh, you can't and you brag about it on Nextdoor either since you're banned. Ner ner ner.

Albert Tait was the 'journo' (lol) at the OM clickbait factory who broke the story about IM's dodgy tweeting history, so I'm not of the belief that the OM is completely against OUFC. They are, however, willing to print any old piece of s**t if it will generate clicks. They are owned by Reach none the less.

On the face of it, this is concerning, but look at it in more detail it is the shallowest article ever. There's nothing in there to worry us. Our main concern is that will still haven't put the planning permission application in.

For some time people who have "seen all this before" have said that the clock is ticking faster than things are moving.

They get told we "have the right people on board".

That`ll be those people who seem about as disinterested in the Club as could be barring an annual bill of circa ÂŁ2 million quid.

Of course FK is open to us staying.......... because if you think a long term lease was punitive then a short term lease will be Dickensian.

Kassam has an ego, which means he would hate for somebody to make a success of the club and grow it when he wasn't able to. He is no friend of OUFC, he is quite happy to stick the knife in and make life difficult and awkward for us.

At the end of the day though he will still have his eye on the pot of gold that is housing for the current stadium site.

Fosb are making use of Kassam’s bitterness towards the club to try and score a few points in a dying local rag.

As for the OxMail this is not the first time they have gone with an anti stadium, anti Oxford United piece.
Where’s the balance? Where’s the story about FOSB plans to apply for a grant from KPC (tax payers money) to pay their legal bill?

It’s becoming clearer and clearer that the Oxford Mail is no friend of OUFC. Don’t buy it, don’t click on any articles, don’t support it in anyway.

We know that the Oxford Mail read this site, they get half their stories from here. So I challenge Liam Rice* to set the balance straight, a front page article supporting the club, supporting the move, exposing fosb’s lies and hypocrisy.

Liam, do you have the courage and journalistic skills to do it? I guess we’ll soon find out.

*Reporter covering local politics and traffic and transport. Often covering Oxford United and sport.

It's stories like this in the Oxford mail, that is on show to the public of Oxfordshire, giving the nimbys & neutrals, more power to defend & oppose the stadium..
To think the east stand , was called the Oxford mail stand once.
It used to have yellow & blue title headlines, good coverage ,front page , back page & inside cover.
Since a few years ago the paper has got awful, wrong names to wrong stories , late stories , no big stories at all some times
,but the biggest one is the bullshit stories, & a very anti oufc .STRANGE.. BAN THE OXFORD FAIL NOW...

The onus is now on the club to prove in the planning application, that staying at the Kassam is not a viable option. Which they would have been required to do in any event. You only get to build on green belt land in "very special circumstances". The club being homeless in less than three years was a pretty compelling circumstance.

I'd like to see this Kassam being pressed on his idea of a future lease with the club.

Length of lease he'd be happy with? Terms of the lease?

After all, FoSB could just say "would you be open to OUFC staying if they pay more rent" and Kassam could say YES of course!

Details are necessary

The onus is now on the club to prove in the planning application, that staying at the Kassam is not a viable option. Which they would have been required to do in any event. You only get to build on green belt land in "very special circumstances". The club being homeless in less than three years was a pretty compelling circumstance.
Exactly that and quite possibly the only VSC. Odd that he should come out with this now as it is also counter-intuitive to his own plans for housing development on the site.

Back
Top Bottom