New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I’ve heard rumours, nothing I really want to make public knowledge though as could drop people in hot water but everything isn’t smooth sailing or as it seems from what I’ve heard.
OK. Could you give a general indication of which area of the application/project these rumours are centred on?

"Recent events and information, however, have influenced our strategy such that, we believe legal action (if still required) will now be more effective at the planning stage"

Wary of this part. Wonder what events and information has suddenly come to light that wasn't previously? or just posturing from FOSB?
The only event that happened was the local people of Kidlington didn't take to kindly to them trying to spend public money. If it was anything different Vicky and her mates would of come out straight away and said they had withdrawn the application they bottled under the pressure and are now back tracking to save face

"Recent events and information, however, have influenced our strategy such that, we believe legal action (if still required) will now be more effective at the planning stage"

Wary of this part. Wonder what events and information has suddenly come to light that wasn't previously? or just posturing from FOSB?

It's complete posturing.

On this point. I don’t think it’s posturing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve found out some interesting information from someone who should be keeping it confidential, most likely working for the council.
That's my concern. They obviously feel they *potentially* have information that can derail the application. They've proven they have no boundaries when it comes to countering the stadium. Could be reading too much into it, but I'm sure they have something lined up.

That's my concern. They obviously feel they *potentially* have information that can derail the application. They've proven they have no boundaries when it comes to countering the stadium. Could be reading too much into it, but I'm sure they have something lined up.
Exactly. I’ve heard rumours & the more this process gets dragged out the more I tend to believe what I’ve heard.

"We have, therefore, withdrawn our application to the Parish Council for now, but will apply again in the future if necessary. "

Absolute nonsense. You got caught out trying to sneak it through.

Shame on FoSB. They must disband after this shameful episode.

Derail or delay it?

It’s passed its first major hurdle and we know that even if this goes right to the top, it probably won’t be stopped.

Our main enemy is time though and our delays in getting the application in haven’t helped. I suspect the whole bridge v road closure stuff may be lingering in the background which I knew would be a sticking point. You have to be so careful not to overpromise and underdeliver.

And that all came to them on a Sunday morning did it?

Up to six times at the P and F meetings, but I think we need to watch all agendas starting Friday when the full council agenda should appear. The co-options for the two vacancies will be indicative as well. That should happen next week if they have candidates.

Hopefully candidates will be put forward to stop FoSB members being coopted on. Democracy should be allowed to happen.

Now what is Suzanne McIvor's thoughts on using public money for private interests again?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-15-08-59-59-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-15-08-59-59-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 70
It came to our attention on Saturday morning and less than 24 hours later they had folded
I know I flagged it up on two sites and you guys did a great job of spreading it. I was referring poster saying they have something up their sleeve. They withdrew because of the pressure and lack of support, the opposite in face from local residents

There is nothing that can prevent the club from submitting a planning application; they have the right to apply for anything they wish at any time. What is not certain is that approval will be given. The rumours that are going around can only relate to pre-application advice that the planning officer might offer in response to questions or clarification of requirements.

The club is obviously being meticulous in it's preparation such that any grey areas open to interpretation are minimal. The planning process is very much a tick box operation whereby if you can show that you have followed procedure and met the requirements of national and local planning rules and regulations, the planning officer will recommend approval and the council planning committee cannot then reject the application without providing a very detailed explanation of their reasoning for doing so.

The timeframe might be a worry but the outcome of the application ought not be a concern if the case is made correctly.

There is nothing that can prevent the club from submitting a planning application; they have the right to apply for anything they wish at any time. What is not certain is that approval will be given. The rumours that are going around can only relate to pre-application advice that the planning officer might offer in response to questions or clarification of requirements.

The club is obviously being meticulous in it's preparation such that any grey areas open to interpretation are minimal. The planning process is very much a tick box operation whereby if you can show that you have followed procedure and met the requirements of national and local planning rules and regulations, the planning officer will recommend approval and the council planning committee cannot then reject the application without providing a very detailed explanation of their reasoning for doing so.

The timeframe might be a worry but the outcome of the application ought not be a concern if the case is made correctly.
Thank you, I at least find that reassuring

No Danny, I’ve just been told things in confidence that I’d rather not spill on a public messaging board that everyone, including them can see.
I’ve actually heard the complete opposite from someone who is very close to what is going on and someone I trust.
Everything is going ok but a delay in the planning is literally down to the road closure issues.

As I was told, don’t believe everything that you are told.

Back
Top Bottom