New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Is the stadium event being recorded?

I’m busy unfortunately but would like to see it if available.

That future game against Swindon must be an FA Cup tie, hell of a run for them to have made it from the preliminary rounds to the 3rd round.
It's always tricky to get a result, especially in the FA Cup in their local derby vs Supermarine

It's always tricky to get a result, especially in the FA Cup in their local derby vs Supermarine

It might actually be Supermarine we are playing, can’t be long before they become the premier team in that shitty little town.

There are alot of bike spaces at Oxford Parkway already which are referred to in the details.

As a regular walker past the bike racks (I walk up the ramp to the bus stop on Oxford Road) pictured below I can confirm it's never more than 15% or so full during the week.

View attachment 16135

That’s interesting to know. But bike parking provision has to be right next to the place people are supposed to be cycling to, not a walk away, if you want to enable cycling.

Just to say, I am on the Stand United session at the moment and it's been excellent so far (with a really good Q&A section). I've asked my earlier questions on in-stadium atmosphere and have got some encouraging answers so far. I'm pressing them for even more details on this though and an even firmer commitment. Overall feeling is that I'm very proud to be an OUFC fan right now, we're really doing this properly!

My grasping of distance might be flawed but looking on Google maps would it be possible to create a walk way/cycle path from the back of peartree P&R to the triangle?

Possibly too far and easier for most to shuttle bus from there?

Answer so far on the bridge etc is that "nothing has been decided yet" on access. So a bridge/underpass definitely isn't off the table yet by the sounds of it. On the other hand, the discussion on road closures was also framed by saying that it's not unusual for football clubs to have to close nearby roads on a matchday. So nothing decided on any of this yet by the looks of it.

I popped into the Holiday Inn and had a look today, even though its all available in the PDF that's been doing the rounds, I found it good because my only way of viewing a PDF is on my phone.

I thought the landscaping picture for the tip of the triangle was good as i hadnt seen it well on my phone, and there's a blown up birds eye view with alot of detail and labelling, it's worth going.

And it really struck me how much work has already gone into this.

Also there's paper copies of the consultation questionnaire and pre paid envelopes, I took a few for family members to fill out.

Just to say, I am on the Stand United session at the moment and it's been excellent so far (with a really good Q&A section). I've asked my earlier questions on in-stadium atmosphere and have got some encouraging answers so far. I'm pressing them for even more details on this though and an even firmer commitment. Overall feeling is that I'm very proud to be an OUFC fan right now, we're really doing this properly!

Can you ask about future expansion opportunities?

Just attended the excellent webinar too. Nothing is set in stone, so fans feedback is critical to get all the design aspects right. Safe standing or as it’s known now, Rail seating is definitely going to happen, just not confirmed which stands yet, away fans will also have this. The bar area is also open for design options to be a flexible space as needed maybe accessed via the concourse and plaza area for example.
Certainly very professionally presented, we all need to put our thoughts and suggestions forward to make this the best experience possible!

Back
Top Bottom