New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

As someone who never got the chance to go to The Manor, the prospect of finally having a home for my club, and one to be bloody proud of, is really quite emotional. Travel limitations stop me going to home games at the current s**t-infested, unfunished disgrace of a stadium. But 2026 I'll be buying my first season ticket, and one for my son too who'll be 6 by then, and we'll be hopping on the train to watch every single game. I cannot bloody wait.

F7__mhfXsAArLiT

I wonder if Ian Middleton will be interested in watering the flowers, and keeping it green, when he’s no longer a councillor, because there is plenty for him to do.

As for the design, it’s looks bloody awesome, and beautiful. No doubt there will be other bits built in to the stadium, and be there for us to see later on with finer detail.

I’m excited!

I hope we look after our older supporters ie OAP’s and have lifts or escalators in place for them.

I didn’t see the @Manorlounger area inside the stadium.

I assume this is part of the cycle track giving better access to Oxford Parkway for Kidlington residents? You can just about see a zebra crossing that would link up with it in another shot.

Stadium looks pretty incredible all round, I hope they tweak it a bit to add some more yellow to the exterior, there’s not a lot of OUFC insignia there at the mo. Lots on the inside though. Are the beams in the roof made of wood? Wouldn’t be surprised as we are going for as green a stadium as possible. I hope the gap between the back of the stands and the roof is translucent material and not open, we want to keep as much noise inside the stadium as possible. I wonder where the away fans will be located? Looks like you can see a club shop and gym through the windows too. Can’t wait to see more detailed plans!

Last edited:
Let's not talk about them today, today is a great day in the history of our club. Let's enjoy today.

Aye, it is. But schadenfreude is also perfectly legit too.

Lest we forget that SM is a Treasurer for Friends of Cutteslowe and Sunnymead Park and actively tried to stop some beach volleyball courts being put up there. If we can’t celebrate and give a bit back to the antis on a day like today, when can we?

Back
Top Bottom