New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Surely they are going against Next Door’s policy’s and it should be reported to those higher up who own the site?

The way they are acting they would be better off moving over to North Korea than staying around Kidlington. After all, it must be safer considering the risk of nuclear weapons going past the quaint, secluded village that is Kidlington?!

Surely they are going against Next Door’s policy’s and it should be reported to those higher up who own the site?

The way they are acting they would be better off moving over to North Korea than staying around Kidlington. After all, it must be safer considering the risk of nuclear weapons going past the quaint, secluded village that is Kidlington?!
Think @SwissYellow is in contact with them

I might be the only one who is clueless here…who put a picture of who and why?
A poster on nextdoor posted screen shots of the 2 tweets by Oufc twitter account about wildflowers that poster has been suspended by nextdoor

I've taken time to consider the formation of a group that is specifically for the new stadium as suggested by @SwissYellow.

I have absolutely no time whatsoever for the FoSB, their key members, and all they stand for, and Mr Middleton deserves to get everything that will eventually come his way. And I have not backed down from any battles with them directly (that ultimately got me removed from Nextdoor, or indirectly through the discovery of some uncomfortable truths.

But I don't think that we need to form a new group for several reasons.

Firstly, I think OxVox and OUSP have been excellent in all that they have done behind the scenes and through more formal media communications. Yes, they are more restrained in some of their comments than some of us may have been. And whilst still very much independent, they are perhaps guided by the club a little and that may not be what others would want. However, they are well established and recognised by media outlets and the councils to represent the supporter groups appropriately. I'm not sure there is room for a third group (yet).

Secondly, I think that we're underestimating just how effective a collection of individual voices has been. Rather than looking to establish a collective narrative, there are always several individuals who are quick the counter all of the lies and scaremongering presented by those opposing the stadium. This has stopped the likes of FoSB in their tracks and has quickly quashed every single negative message they've tried to get out. When one post is deleted, another quickly replaces it. If one person is banned or silenced, another steps up to take the fight on. Its relentless, and it has been incredibly effective at frustrating and undermining any opposition.

And finally, we are giving far too much credit to FoSB and Middleton. They are finished. They have no credibility and are seen as a joke by those that will be involved in the planning process. Their one and only hope was the argument about building on Green Belt land. And only a few days before the council meeting they're backing the use of this very land for a charity to build on! You couldn't make it up - although they did as the charity they were speaking on behalf of had long since turned their sights elsewhere!! They have lied over and over and over again. And to somehow claim victory for "forcing" a lease on the club that gives them far greater protection is the most laughable of all.

So I honestly don't think that we need a separate group to battle for the stadium as we're already absolutely smashing it as it is, and I have no doubt that we'll blow any remaining opposition out of the park after the plans are shared on 9th October.

However, that said, I do think there is value in looking at forming a group that brings numerous different sports together to collectively enhance facilities across the county, especially if that can be done under an Oxford United banner at some point.

But I'd throw my full support behind any group and any individuals who are fighting on behalf of our club, so good luck with whatever angle anyone looks to take.

Haven’t posted for a very long time but reading through all this I think a community group to help push through new amenities for Oxfordshire residents such as the stadium, ice rink, skateparks etc is a great idea.

@SwissYellow and @Colin B the perfect people to front the group too. Get individuals from other sports teams or organisations involved too. Doesn’t need to be just about OUFC but obviously that will be the pressing matter at the moment

Quiet update this afternoon.

Ian Middleton is back but has not only locked his tweets but also been responding in a very different tone on Nextdoor. I would even suggest if he'd have taken this approach from the off, h wouldn't have got anywhere near the flack

Suzanne McIvor has blocked me and others which is frankly her loss. It's fingers in the ears lalala can't hear you time.

Suzanne's pal Tim Green who is secretary of the Friends of Cutteslowe park group {Suzie is Treasurer) has been making odd comments. Nothing interesting just like an old man shouting in the wind "what about that greenbelt"

Tim said that FOSB was a loose gathering of North Oxford friends, which I don't doubt.

After naming Simon Thompson not only as an admin but as a key founder of FOSB he's also gone Uber quiet but more pro stadium views are getting removed for "public Shaming"

Victoria Campbell has not posted anything since the council meeting but the reality is that her husband Trevor, Campbell was behind a lot of her posts.

No update on Middletons behaviour from OCC or Cherwell but I understand a lot of complaints went in and are being investigated.
Definitely changed his tone I don't like it he's up to something

Attachments

• hdr_1694110118609.jpg
    hdr_1694110118609.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 42
Haven’t posted for a very long time but reading through all this I think a community group to help push through new amenities for Oxfordshire residents such as the stadium, ice rink, skateparks etc is a great idea.

@SwissYellow and @Colin B the perfect people to front the group too. Get individuals from other sports teams or organisations involved too. Doesn’t need to be just about OUFC but obviously that will be the pressing matter at the moment
My point exactly. I also completely agree with @Scotchegg that we have won already won the augment with FOSB. But I would love to see a group who push for more amenities in Oxfordshire. Young and old, so much more could be done!

Is that right?
What is the criteria that makes central government to call it in?
Are you suggesting that CDC make a decision in planning after which the government will rubber stamp.. or not?
If CDC resolves to grant planning permission, the application would need to be referred to the SOS under The Town and Country Planning (Consultation) (England) Direction 2021 as it is an application fior planning permission that is ‘Green Belt development’. The SOS would then have the power to take over (call-in) the application, but this would normally only be done if the application is considered to conflict with national planning policy ‘in important ways’ or is nationally significant. If called-in, there would be a Public Inquiry. If the application is not called-in, CDC can proceed to grant planning permission.

Definitely changed his tone I don't like it he's up to something

I think he's been told he needs to quieten down or he's done for, either by local people or thr Green Party's social media bods. He may already be halfway out the door; we'll see what happens with some complaints going in early next week against his conduct to OCC and the Green Party itself.

Out of interest Swiss, what is being said in the posts that are classed as ‘public shaming’?

Don’t 95% of posts by Middleton, Suzie & Vicky coke under public shaming against football fans?!
The thing is, football fans are actually orc-like automaton hooligan battalions that are mobilised by the evil corporate, and dare I say foreign, development behemoth that is OUFC. As such they cannot be shamed.

I think he's been told he needs to quieten down or he's done for, either by local people or thr Green Party's social media bods. He may already be halfway out the door; we'll see what happens with some complaints going in early next week against his conduct to OCC and the Green Party itself.

Middleton’s behaviour is and has been damaging to the Green Party.

Back
Top Bottom