New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Mr and Mrs Campbell standing as Green candidates in Bicester. I look forward to having a doorstep chat with them!

Good luck with that, Bicester isn’t on the way to Poole. They won’t step foot in Bicester if they are elected, doing it purely to have some say over anything being built near their second house in Kidlington, shameful.

Good luck with that, Bicester isn’t on the way to Poole. They won’t step foot in Bicester if they are elected, doing it purely to have some say over anything being built near their second house in Kidlington, shameful.
About as much chance of pigs flying as them getting elected. I wouldn’t worry.

Had another message from Cllr Miller's people this morning

View attachment 18726
I know we cannot be party to every detail of every meeting and conversation had between club, OCC, OxVox etc but, I'm getting increasingly frustrated by this overarching veil of secrecy. It is doing nothing but creating a void which is being filled with one conspiracy theory after another. Speculation is rife. It is ludicrous.

I am sick and tired of all this.

The club tell us one thing, OCC councillors another. Now we hear that OxVox have met with councillors but, to what end? Have the club strung us along with some sort of concocted story about delays? Are the owners not willing to guarantee OUFC the stadium and its income?
What is clear is that the stadium stands little chance of being finished in time for the 26/27 season. With that in mind, what is the plan? Is there a plan?

Had another message from Cllr Miller's people this morning

View attachment 18726

Appears to be a bit of a blame game going on in the delay to signing the HoT. A stand off to see who blinks first, could go on for some time. Worrying because time is of the essence.

Who amongst all the main ‘players’ in this situation ( Owners, Board Members, Councillors, Local Politicians) really cares about, and has the medium and long term future interests of the Football Club at heart, and its ability not only to survive, but to prosper?

Niall McWilliams certainly did, but he’s sorely missed.

I don’t trust the motives of certain Green and LibDem Councillors and I’ve not been impressed with Williams and Ferguson to date.

What we do know is that Oxvox have the interests of the club at heart, and it’s good news they have met with Cllr Levy. I look forward to minutes of that meeting.

But OxVox and supporters can only do so much.

In the end it’s down to elected politicians and football club representatives to find a way, and that’s the worrying bit with the individuals involved. They have a responsibility to find a way and quickly.

I don’t know how this is all going to end, but I’m sure we won’t be playing football on the Triangle in the 2026/27 season. Ground sharing at MK the most likely scenario in my view.
If that ground share then becomes permanent, well that’s the death of OUFC.

The greens are only standing 7 candidates in the 15 seats being contested for CDC on May 2nd. Both Kidlington seats are being contested by the Lib Dems and the Greens so the anti stadium vote will be split. I wonder if the Lib Dems will mention the stadium in their election leaflets?

The greens are only standing 7 candidates in the 15 seats being contested for CDC on May 2nd. Both Kidlington seats are being contested by the Lib Dems and the Greens so the anti stadium vote will be split. I wonder if the Lib Dems will mention the stadium in their election leaflets?

In general LibDems are classic fence sitters, the stadium issue for them is no different, albeit individual politicians will have their prejudices against football and football supporters.

Their natural inclination is to see which way the wind blows and then nail their colours to that mast.

So it will be interesting to see if the stadium is mentioned in particular in their Kidlington election leaflets because looking at the comments on the CDC planning application, there is overwhelming support in Cherwell District, plus a ratio of about 2:1 of support in Kidlington itself.

You’d be foolish not to take notice of the local support for the stadium.

Linda ward is standing in Kidlington East for the Greens won't be getting my vote after Kidlington Development Watch had that grant from KPC and gave the money to FOSB.
Is Linda Ward the only one standing or have any of the other parties have candidates?

Her, Middleton and Mawson are the three anti stadium stooges.

Also isn't that fraud what you are saying she has done?
Not fraud the grant was paid to Kidlington Development watch who made donations to FOSB for the same amount how Kidlington Development watch spend there money is up to them but I believe the amount was the same as the grant.

Back
Top Bottom