New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Friend of mine questioned McIvor on Facebook regarding her ridiculous claims regarding the parking for coaches and why the club has to move by 2026.

She blocked him.
typical FoSB , infer something they claim is fact, yet when challenged to prove their claim they clam up ( as they cant provide proof as often their claims are mistruths) &/ or, they block, or get those who challenge them suspended, from social media platforms

In eynsham where I work there are just building a new park and ride next to the a40 it was supposed to be built with a bus land up the a40 to wolvercote roundabout and a duel carriageway from Witney to eynsham that's been taken out of the development everyone in eynsham says the same thing who's going to use it as we have buses already that go to Oxford and if who have driven there your getting on a bus to sit in traffic that you would of been in if you stayed in your car.

In eynsham where I work there are just building a new park and ride next to the a40 it was supposed to be built with a bus land up the a40 to wolvercote roundabout and a duel carriageway from Witney to eynsham that's been taken out of the development everyone in eynsham says the same thing who's going to use it as we have buses already that go to Oxford and if who have driven there your getting on a bus to sit in traffic that you would of been in if you stayed in your car.

Another park and ride to run shuttle buses to the stadium on matchdays - great news for our Witney fanbase.

That's going in my comments to CDC!

View attachment 18249

Just a gentle reminder that the opposition are watching this thread...

(In this case, an angry carrot)
It's a strange question to ask. It's not really anyone's business if he posts under the name Scotchegg on other forums.

But yep, your point is a good one - be polite and helpful with those who have legitimate concerns whilst calling out misinformation and spin (in a constructive way).

Just looked at the Facebook thread. That guy is making a good point. It appears that there are two separate charges, one for parking at Oxford Parkway (£2 for up to 16hrs) and a second charge if you use public transport. So the assertion that you must Park AND Ride is simply not true. It, and all other P&R sites around the county are public car parking spaces with a public transport hub attached.

So there is absolutely no reason why football fans couldn't use these spaces, thousands of which are unused currently, on matchdays. Also, absolutely no reason why buses couldn't drop people off or park up there or anywhere else.

The club previous spoke of the aim to have 90% of fans turning up via sustainable transport messages, one of which will be to bus people in from around the county. Not only would this ease congestion on the roads, it will also contribute to reduced carbon usage and emissions and help create a cleaner, greener future for all of us.

But that now faces criticism, and under the spurious claims that these buses will park on a duel carriage way or illegally in an under used public car park.

This is why the club appears to be ignoring the absolute drivel coming from our local experts. Because the planning authorities will simply dismiss any of this opposition as nonsense.

Just looked at the Facebook thread. That guy is making a good point. It appears that there are two separate charges, one for parking at Oxford Parkway (£2 for up to 16hrs) and a second charge if you use public transport. So the assertion that you must Park AND Ride is simply not true. It, and all other P&R sites around the county are public car parking spaces with a public transport hub attached.

So there is absolutely no reason why football fans couldn't use these spaces, thousands of which are unused currently, on matchdays. Also, absolutely no reason why buses couldn't drop people off or park up there or anywhere else.

The club previous spoke of the aim to have 90% of fans turning up via sustainable transport messages, one of which will be to bus people in from around the county. Not only would this ease congestion on the roads, it will also contribute to reduced carbon usage and emissions and help create a cleaner, greener future for all of us.

But that now faces criticism, and under the spurious claims that these buses will park on a duel carriage way or illegally in an under used public car park.

This is why the club appears to be ignoring the absolute drivel coming from our local experts. Because the planning authorities will simply dismiss any of this opposition as nonsense.
Yeah I do it all the time when I have to work in London I park in Redbridge then my work mates pick me up from there as they are coming from Abingdon

Many park their cars at park and rides and cycle from their to their destination. There's no obligation to catch a bus too.

It’s due to be operational by late 2025.
Hopefully it will be of use to park and shuttle fans to the new Bakrie Brothers Stadium

Back
Top Bottom