New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

The last 5 years Premier inn have built new hotels in the city centre, botley and Oxford airport, holiday inn at peartree is expanding. New hotel being built near Thornhill park and ride too.

Maybe the ex bailiff can afford the Randolf and Malmaison but 90% of the population visiting the city can't.
£300 a night for the Malmaison! disgraceful. Affordable hotels for people who want to stay in Oxford but not be directly in the centre sounds like it's needed for me.

£300 a night for the Malmaison! disgraceful. Affordable hotels for people who want to stay in Oxford but not be directly in the centre sounds like it's needed for me.
Don't forget those hotels outside the city centre encourage people to use public transport too. Steve talking out of his crevice once again. He should stick to evicting people and guitars.

When do we hear about the ground share plans then.
There's no way this is finished when the lease expires.

The covenant on the Kassam land doesn't end until September 2026. He will then need planning to demolish the stadium and turn it into whatever is going to make the most coin for him. There is a possibility we could come to an agreement on a short term stay until our new stadium is finished.

Obviously a ground share needs to be looked at incase but that is 2.5 years away before we need it.

It's finally in, a Long time Cumming. The Browne site will soon become Golding and Blue, what a Goodrham thing to be part of. Moore fans will watch the mighty U's. All the energy will be 240 Woltmans, Max. Hopefully it will be a Craig Short build time at a reasonable Lewis Price.
Otherwise we'll be gone for a Burton.

Have nice weekend, I'm off.....

When do we hear about the ground share plans then.
There's no way this is finished when the lease expires.

The plan should be for the following, and in this order.

1. Have the stadium ready for test events July 2026 ahead of the opening game of the 26/27 season. This is extremely tight but still just about possible.

2. Agree to play first few games of that season away with stadium opening September 2026.

3. Agree a short term extension to stay at the Kassam either for half/full seaaon for 26/27. Moving mid season would be far from ideal due to having different season ticket options etc (and I'm not sure whether this would get approval from EFL).

4. Agree a groundshare for a season out of the county.

I've no doubt that all options are actively being planned for, but we need to get planning approved before we know realistic timeframes. I don't think there is any benefit in showing our hand until we know what has been dealt.

This is a massive day for Oxford utd ,let's hope it happens for Oxford it self. You will always have people against but you have to hope it goes ahead quickly ,we need it built and hopefully the end of the worst person in Oxford utds history our friend Kassam. He's made enough money out of the club ,the fans ,the council and the people of Oxford. Let's hope its sorted and we can get to a more prosperous place moving forwards and becoming more sustainable on and off the pitch. We seem to have a good board let's hope this is more of a start to better things s head. From the day I sat on the wall and the players came out of the corner stand at the manor ,you could smell the tank leading the players out ,Clarke ,lucas ,Skeen ,Graham Atkinson I've loved Oxford Utd it's in your blood it was a crap ground but it was ours .Let's hoping this is the real beginning of a new era. COYY till I die

When the plans were released, I must admit I got a bit of a moist patch down below.

It’s a great day for everyone connected to the football club,

This is it now! We are on our way to the finish line,

The plan should be for the following, and in this order.

1. Have the stadium ready for test events July 2026 ahead of the opening game of the 26/27 season. This is extremely tight but still just about possible.

2. Agree to play first few games of that season away with stadium opening September 2026.

3. Agree a short term extension to stay at the Kassam either for half/full seaaon for 26/27. Moving mid season would be far from ideal due to having different season ticket options etc (and I'm not sure whether this would get approval from EFL).

4. Agree a groundshare for a season out of the county.

I've no doubt that all options are actively being planned for, but we need to get planning approved before we know realistic timeframes. I don't think there is any benefit in showing our hand until we know what has been dealt.
5. Not sign injury prone players!! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom