New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Why are they still using that name? They have no interest in Stratfield Brake now it’s not going to have a football stadium on it, why not change the name of the group to stop the triangle or something rather than trying to mislead locals that they are something other than a one issue nimby group.

Round my way there is a local environmental group that goes around litter picking parks, verges etc so I can see how they could use such a name, but baffles me how they have the nerve to try and claim funding under a name that has no relevance to what they do, have they done a single thing of benefit for Stratfield Brake?

Why are they still using that name? They have no interest in Stratfield Brake now it’s not going to have a football stadium on it, why not change the name of the group to stop the triangle or something rather than trying to mislead locals that they are something other than a one issue nimby group.

Round my way there is a local environmental group that goes around litter picking parks, verges etc so I can see how they could use such a name, but baffles me how they have the nerve to try and claim funding under a name that has no relevance to what they do, have they done a single thing of benefit for Stratfield Brake?
Any minute now, the "Friends" of SB will start to claim that the name has been hijacked by the sports field and they only ever intended to be "friends" of the bit with trees still on it :unsure: - you know, the bit that would be virtually untouched (and actually enhanced) by the original Stratfield Brake proposal.

Short-sighted nimbyism at its very worst!

Last edited:

Because being honest wouldn’t gain the traction or legitimacy that they need to challenge the stadium.

Being called ‘Kidlington Residents (sic) Against the Stadium’ or similar looks negative. It’s a lightning rod to OUFC supporters too and looks NIMBYish because they make no claims to be ‘for’ something, just ‘against’ it.

Giving the optics that they are ‘friends’ of the site (whilst doing the sum total of b****r all in actually being a ‘friend’) is a better look for them all round. Pretty photos of flora and fauna on their website gives the impression they care about what is there when we know they don’t. They just don’t want anyone else developing it. I don’t even know if any of the top brass within FOSB even use it.

As @Scotchegg mentioned a few days ago, their legitimacy is waning. Little things have compounded it – suddenly tacking on ‘the Triangle’ to their name when the club’s attentions turned to that, frantically asking for a pause to proceedings in September when Trax were rumoured to be interested in the site (showing their claims to keep the site a virgin one to be B*****s), the desperate attempts to reveal some sort of smoking gun with Kassam’s claims in recent weeks and the deplorable attempt to get more cash out of KPC. The last point shows that their resources are potentially running out. Their GoFundMe – the visible means of seeing who has donated - has yielded just £5 in the last 90 days.

They are not done yet though and will use any delaying tactic they can to stop this. Continuing to expose them is important. If we prevent one person from giving to their campaign or can explain to another that they are no ‘friends’ of the site, we will have done our job.

Surely OUFC are the true friends of Stratfield Break. Its OUFC that want to look after it. Make it fit for purpose for the residents of Kidlington. Irs OUFC who are thinking of the environment and how to improve it. What's not to like by OUFC investing heavily into the local Kidlington community. Their will be 3 winners IMO, Kidlington and its residents, OUFC & the County of Oxfordshire.

Surely OUFC are the true friends of Stratfield Break. Its OUFC that want to look after it. Make it fit for purpose for the residents of Kidlington. Irs OUFC who are thinking of the environment and how to improve it. What's not to like by OUFC investing heavily into the local Kidlington community. Their will be 3 winners IMO, Kidlington and its residents, OUFC & the County of Oxfordshire.
Absolutely agree. This is huge investment - literally world class sporting facilities on your doorstep, jobs etc etc

Because being honest wouldn’t gain the traction or legitimacy that they need to challenge the stadium.

Being called ‘Kidlington Residents (sic) Against the Stadium’ or similar looks negative. It’s a lightning rod to OUFC supporters too and looks NIMBYish because they make no claims to be ‘for’ something, just ‘against’ it.

Giving the optics that they are ‘friends’ of the site (whilst doing the sum total of b****r all in actually being a ‘friend’) is a better look for them all round. Pretty photos of flora and fauna on their website gives the impression they care about what is there when we know they don’t. They just don’t want anyone else developing it. I don’t even know if any of the top brass within FOSB even use it.

As @Scotchegg mentioned a few days ago, their legitimacy is waning. Little things have compounded it – suddenly tacking on ‘the Triangle’ to their name when the club’s attentions turned to that, frantically asking for a pause to proceedings in September when Trax were rumoured to be interested in the site (showing their claims to keep the site a virgin one to be B*****s), the desperate attempts to reveal some sort of smoking gun with Kassam’s claims in recent weeks and the deplorable attempt to get more cash out of KPC. The last point shows that their resources are potentially running out. Their GoFundMe – the visible means of seeing who has donated - has yielded just £5 in the last 90 days.

They are not done yet though and will use any delaying tactic they can to stop this. Continuing to expose them is important. If we prevent one person from giving to their campaign or can explain to another that they are no ‘friends’ of the site, we will have done our job.

Apart from what would have been an amazing world class sporting venue for Kidlington and the whole of the county if SB had been given the go ahead, is that hundreds of houses are still going to be built in an around Kidlington in the next few years, and these new residents are going to need recreational, leisure and social facilities. What an amazing facility that would have been for the current local residents and those yet to move into those new houses.

Kidlington has lost out so many ways due to the self interest of a few NIMBYs.

A new stadium at the Triangle will be great, but there will always be a sense of what might have been

When SB eventually has houses built on it, which it will. it will be very interesting to see if any member of fosb or their supporters benefit from it.

Back
Top Bottom