New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Worth a word in NMcW’s ear?

This too has been a concern of me. Starting with the premise of a bridge and relegating that to a road closure puts the club on the back foot, for example. Both pro and anti stadium types will have legitimate reason to ask what else is going to be compromised on. Controlling the narrative is very important here - let too many mistakes creep in and it starts to undermine everybody’s efforts.

I’m not worried yet but the exposing of errors is concerning.
I speak to Niall most days. I think you'll find that he isn't involved in these kind of details any longer, and a lot of design and commercial stuff is now in the hands of the professional team and the consultants. That's all well and good, and it's what we're paying them for, but only if they do a good job.

Niall is more involved in the council and planning side of things.

I am not keen to say this @Colin B but, I got the impression from our visit to the exhibition and the various discussions that, communication between club, architect and others of the planning team may not have been as comprehensive and as informative as maybe could have been. I may be wrong but, the feedback I got regarding hospitality was not totally reassuring and the conversation regarding the transport/road closure issue left me with the impression that a lot of the detail had not been completed. Of course, these are early days and that's why the team want our feedback so it's good that there are so many ideas being put forward. I keep repeating myself but, it is imperative that all these ideas reach the team.

Something else, unrelated but all the same, of interest, our dear friend Mrs McIvor has visited the exhibition. Apparently, spoke to no-one and asked no questions. Had a look around and left again.

She was there Monday night at the launch. Left before Tim Williams had finished his speech.

This, in a nutshell, is my worst nightmare.

When I was involved, we went through all this stuff, in forensic detail, to both prove the need and prove that it stacked up financially and was affordable to fans, all of which it did. The problem is, when you get people like Legends involved they tend to assume everything is like a Premier League club, and price it accordingly. I am going to make the effort to drive the 100 miles to the exhibition, on one of the days when the full team are there, as I have a horrible feeling that a lot of that work may have been discarded.

Could be an interesting day!

The project team are there all day tomorrow and 3-8pm next Thursday (19th).

I'm going again tomorrow with OUSP so let me know if you'd like anything raised on your behalf if you're unable to get up yourself.

It was certainly always the case, so I have absolutely no idea why they're now saying it can't be done. This was my bread and butter, and it 100% can be done!
I think you may be referring back to my earlier comments on the lighting. The AFL person only said it was Championship standard lighting and not the full Premier spec.
I then assumed this meant a light show along the lines of Brentford/Spurs would not be possible.

How has Suzanne McIvor been elevated to a place where she is in a position to be at that event and subsequently to be so disrespectful?

These people and their self-centred, faux piety bring nothing to a community.

I suspect that it is better to provide an invite for McIvor and others rather than to have them bleat that they've been ignored.

I sadly missed the opportunity to have a chat with her. I saw her looking miserable at the back of the room when Tim started his speech but she was gone by the end. It was far too positive for her to cope with!!

For the first time at work I came across a customer that was vehemently against the stadium yesterday.

Traffic was the main concern, and they said to me "I take it you want it then?" And when I replied yes she then said " why? Because you like football?".

I explained that yes i do like football, but it's because I live in Kidlington with young children, and kidlington hasn't had anything significant for younger generations built for 30 years.

Then everything I said was dismissed.

When I was a teenager I spent most of my free time at the Forum Youth Club "well nowhere has Youth clubs anymore"

I'm actually disappointed that it isn't on Stratfield Brake as there would've been more benefits for Kidlington, I would've liked to see some proper retail outlets, "well we don't really need retail shops anymore, we should be buying online!"

Can anyone guess where this customer was from?

For the first time at work I came across a customer that was vehemently against the stadium yesterday.

Traffic was the main concern, and they said to me "I take it you want it then?" And when I replied yes she then said " why? Because you like football?".

I explained that yes i do like football, but it's because I live in Kidlington with young children, and kidlington hasn't had anything significant for younger generations built for 30 years.

When I was a teenager I spent most of my free time at the Forum Youth Club "well nowhere has Youth clubs anymore"

I'm actually disappointed that it isn't on Stratfield Brake as there would've been more benefits for Kidlington, I would've liked to see some proper retail outlets, "well we don't really need retail shops anymore, we should be buying online!"

North Oxford?

Tackley?

How has Suzanne McIvor been elevated to a place where she is in a position to be at that event and subsequently to be so disrespectful?

These people and their self-centred, faux piety bring nothing to a community.
She was there as a GWEPC councillor

What a surprise.

I was in the city today driving down the Woodstock Road and passed Lathbury Road, whose residents association spoke against the plans at the OCC Cabinet meeting.

It’s miles away. Those people won’t be affected in anyway unless they decide to go out of their way to be so.

Despite their insincere sentiments of being supportive of the club in a previous written submission, they spoke against it at the OCC Cabinet Meeting when it’s clear that doing so is jeopardising the club’s future, all because of some perceived minor inconvenience.

Shameful.

Back
Top Bottom