General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gardeners Arms is under threat of closure in Tackley. Hope 'Tackley Steve' is among the residents campaigning to keep it open, Its an important local assert. It might direct his attention to another project, more worthy and more local to him.

He is probably waiting outside to evict the current landlord and his family, sweaty palmed at the thought of crying children.

Sorry, when did I say it was the 'same'? You asked if it should be included in the 90%, not if they're the 'same'.

Someone using a car to get to a train/bus should not be 'counted' as part of the 90% travelling by 'sustainable' means. Nowhere did I say they were the same.

So if I get a lift to my nearest train station a mile from my house because it is raining, then do the rest of the 50 mile journey by train I wouldn’t count towards the 90%?

Yep, I accept that, but that isn't what the club are asserting.
Isn't the club suggesting that the eventual ambitious target us for 90% to come by public transport?
If you are suggesting that this is extremely ambitious, then I ( and they), I am sure would agree.
I would personally suggest that somebody in Thame driving to Haddnham station and getting the train would be going by public transport ( you maybe disagree).

So if I get a lift to my nearest train station a mile from my house because it is raining, then do the rest of the 50 mile journey by train I wouldn’t count towards the 90%?
In my view, of course this would count. I think that there are some real semantics by some of the 'opposition'

The Gardeners Arms is under threat of closure in Tackley. Hope 'Tackley Steve' is among the residents campaigning to keep it open, Its an important local assert. It might direct his attention to another project, more worthy and more local to him.
My guess would be that he can't wait for it to close....

I'm calling it now, @OxShireWest IS a FoSB bot with some knowledge of OUFC.

It's too suspicious how he became active in this thread, and then adds disruption to other threads. His posting history does not add up to a yellow for me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not having it anymore.
I would also point out that @OxShireWest only became a member of the forum in 2020 when talk about a new stadium started to take off around the possibility of a stadium being built around the Stratfield Brake area.

I doubt we will hear any more from them until Monday as they generally only post in office hours (usually between 10am and 3pm). This way they can 'counter' a lot of what others are saying in a quick succession and people wont have a chance to challenge them straight away. They then they will go away and be told how to respond the following day.

Oh and the fact they still refuse to answer such a simple question from @Malc about who they support speaks volumes.

Ox SHIRE west

Shire Horse = Trojan Horse

Obvious now reading his posts back that he is on here to play the game of putting forward posts that might have some bearing on the proposed ground but puts them across in a way that doesn’t seem he’s 100 % behind the planned move.

When challenged he obviously talks to the like of Vicky, Suzy, Middleton and Tacky Steve and comes back a few days later and posts but with not all the correct facts.

Come clean Westy you’ve been rumbled

I can't see how you would include them. I take the statements the club have made regarding this topic as 90% of match-goers journey's will be made entirely by 'sustainable' methods, not just bits or parts of it. If you include that then you may as well include the people using the park and ride, as regardless of the fact they used a car to get there they finished their journey at the stadium on a shuttle bus.
Absolute pilchard . So in your world view no one should ever travel to any kind of event, or place , unless able to walk to it or at least walk to a Station !
I would drive or get a lift there and back of 2 miles to Beaconsfield Station and save approximately 58 miles driving per home game but in your book that doesn't count.
Seriously what do you actually want ?

I have two places i travel from for games (both in Oxfordshire), so would depend where I am so I'll do it from both.

Place 1: I get to the Kassam by driving - around 20-25 mins. To get there by Public transport would take around 1hr 5 mins.
To the site of the new stadium, driving would take round 25-30 mins. Public transport would take 50mins-1hr

Place 2 (where I've mainly travelled from in recent years): I drive which takes around 25-30mins. To take public transport would take around 1hr 20 mins
To site of new stadium, driving would take around 20-25mins. Public transport would take 45-50mins.

Realistically the best option for me to get to the new site (both in terms of time efficiency and cost) would be to drive and use park and ride, but obviously we don't know how frequent, how busy, how long etc the shuttles from the P&R's to the stadium could take so unsure how much time that would add to my overall journey time.
I'm intrigued at where your location is and why you are hiding it.

A normal fan would say the name of the Village where they live so others could understand.

I have two places i travel from for games (both in Oxfordshire), so would depend where I am so I'll do it from both.

Place 1: I get to the Kassam by driving - around 20-25 mins. To get there by Public transport would take around 1hr 5 mins.
To the site of the new stadium, driving would take round 25-30 mins. Public transport would take 50mins-1hr

Place 2 (where I've mainly travelled from in recent years): I drive which takes around 25-30mins. To take public transport would take around 1hr 20 mins
To site of new stadium, driving would take around 20-25mins. Public transport would take 45-50mins.

Realistically the best option for me to get to the new site (both in terms of time efficiency and cost) would be to drive and use park and ride, but obviously we don't know how frequent, how busy, how long etc the shuttles from the P&R's to the stadium could take so unsure how much time that would add to my overall journey time.
Is the stadium being built for you or for Oxfordshire?

Given how difficult you seem to find it to discuss matters online with virtually everyone, if not all, of the people on here, how about this as a way forward:

Why not meet up in person to discuss the concerns you have?

Name a pre-season game you’re going to, or which home game you’ll be first at in August and I’m sure we can arrange a catch-up at the ground.

We’re all a friendly bunch so I have no doubt that a handful of us would be more than happy to share a drink and discuss matters politely in person.

You clearly have concerns but love the club, so name the game you’re next at and I’m sure you’ll have a few of us on here who would be very happy to discuss the matter with a fellow fan.

Name the date and we’ll get something organised.
Our favourite poster still hasn’t responded to this post all afternoon despite commenting on other posts since.

But did respond to me earlier this afternoon on something he WASN’T tagged into within an hour.

Almost like they don’t want to meet up in person for some strange reason. Can’t think why.

I’ll ask again - why not meet in person at one of the friendlies or August home games, so we can discuss in person? I’d love to politely discuss these so called transport issues face to face rather than from behind a keyboard.

Nothing to hide amongst fellow fans surely?

Name that date @OxShireWest and we’ll get this arranged.

If anyone else wants to put their name down for meeting over a drink at the Kassam with our new friend, do add it to this thread.

Our favourite poster still hasn’t responded to this post all afternoon despite commenting on other posts since.

But did respond to me earlier this afternoon on something he WASN’T tagged into within an hour.

Almost like they don’t want to meet up in person for some strange reason. Can’t think why.

I’ll ask again - why not meet in person at one of the friendlies or August home games, so we can discuss in person? I’d love to politely discuss these so called transport issues face to face rather than from behind a keyboard.

Nothing to hide amongst fellow fans surely?

Name that date @OxShireWest and we’ll get this arranged.

If anyone else wants to put their name down for meeting over a drink at the Kassam with our new friend, do add it to this thread.

I would if I didn't struggle to go 10 minutes without having a dump in someone's garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom