General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Sue McIvor not benefit from anything that isn’t in Cutteslowe?

When she has a crap that goes off to a sewage treatment facility somewhere else, another area has that vital facility in it, those people have taken the hit so she can have s**t coming out of both ends. Her lights will come on because another area has a power plant in it etc etc. Why is she so special that nothing can be built anywhere near her house yet others do? Why is the area within a few miles from her house sacred yet other areas have to house all sorts of infrastructure to allow this country to function and ungrateful people like her to live.

She is just a selfish, moaning old bag.

View attachment 13400
They do like to contradict themselves don’t they.

Thanks for sharing that. I can’t see the Facebook page since it’s private now and not open to new members.

Whilst I wanted to make sure that what I said in that letter presented the view that Kidlington residents were ambivalent overall and that the poll was a waste of time, there was a part of me that wanted to throw a s**t grenade into FOSB headquarters and run off laughing. I knew it would generate that response.

Hello, FOSB lurkers! 👋

Interesting, that Campbell,& Middleton have gone very quiet. After their,so called massive victory. I wonder why ?? mmmm🤔

Last edited:
These professional, experienced NIMBY objectors will be looking through reams of archives trying to find a reason to throw another spanner in the works.

Same as Les W did......... fortunately he could be paid off, this bunch seem less likely to follow that route.

These professional, experienced NIMBY objectors will be looking through reams of archives trying to find a reason to throw another spanner in the works.

Same as Les W did......... fortunately he could be paid off, this bunch seem less likely to follow that route.

Think it's slightly different, as I recall Les Wells was a landowner and a deal was negotiated for some land/access.

Last edited:
Kidlington Parish Council meeting on Thursday. We'll learn then if they are going to accept the poll results and decide to work against OUFC or continue to work with oufc for the 80%.

Given the now evidenced predetermined anti-stadium views of the local Green Party I do hope no Green Party councillors are able to speak or vote on this matter, that would be highly inappropriate.

Screenshot_20230515_100948_Drive.jpg

Think it's slightly different, as I recall Les Wells was a landowner and a deal was negotiated for some land/access.

Swap slightly for completely I'd say.

Les Wells wanted a payday, this lot don't.

Les was indeed a landowner who wanted a payday & got it, FK paid him £1m to go away after he wanted a judicial review into the planning for the cinema/bowlplex.

However he also used "due process" in much the same way as FoSB are,to filibuster and delay and put the whole Kassam project at risk especially after the 5 year delay between TW stopping & Birse eventually finishing.

It's a heavy read but read carefully and you will see why a new stadium is not favoured by the Greens and thier Friends Read carefully and consider what this actually means for you and yours. Read carefully and consider does this marry with the many leaflets of photo ops which came through your letterbox and what are the actual policies of the Greens, makes Jeremy look right wing.
There is an undoubtable tension between unbridled growth inherent in Capitalism and the planet's finite resources and therefore the Green initiative response to combat these issues of sustainability. As time goes on focus is inevitably shifting in priorities and the effects of Climate Change becomes the core of Green economics- see New Economics Foundation. My argument would be around the social cohesion of a new stadium and developing such new initiatives. Middleton appears to be a CPRE type and imagine the hyperbole if a new Kidlington Village stadium is announced 😂.

Not sure if this has already been covered, but we are dealing with professional complainers:

They won't be happy with any sort of development, no matter how small

Not sure if this has already been covered, but we are dealing with professional complainers:

That is quite remarkable for a number of reasons. Not least the inclusion of what is now looking like a standard cut and paste quote from McIvor...

"We have no objection to >>INSERT ACTIVITY<< per se, but feel very strongly that >>INSERT LOCATION<< is not necessarily the right place".

It shows how pathetic and petty these types of people are to oppose something like this. The volleyball courts measure 24 meters by 26 meters in total, a tiny fraction of the park's size. There is also a fundamental misguided belief about what an open space really is - parks are meant for recreational activities and are not just untouched landscapes. Adding volleyball courts enhances the park's open space usability.

Beach volleyball is played with a maximum of 4 people on each court. So if there's two courts that 8 people. Not exactly going to bring traffic mayhem is it.

Developing public facilities for activities such as this represent evolution and adaption to the community's needs. For anyone from these "Friends" group, and I hope you read this, you should the ashamed of yourselves. Take a look at yourselves and think about how you can actually bring positive change to your communities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom