General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 13339oh no the tackley lads have firmed up πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
Pathetic , desperate!!!!!!!

What is the strange obsession a couple of people in Tackley have with the ground? They are miles away.

No football fans will go there, I can’t see people travelling 6.2 miles out of the way to the Gardiners arms (I had to google maps this information) pub for a pre match drink. In fact i am born and bred Oxford, lived there for the first 39 years of my life and I am a hundred percent certain I have never been to the place, also I am not certain I had even heard of it, it will remain a quiet little backwater completely unaffected by our new ground.

I actually imagine the local pub landlord in Tackley wishes he would get football fans in given the plight of village pubs though, probably be the only thing that will save it from inevitable closure, never going to happen though.

It's not his first post Sarge, and he's been registered to this forum since 2017.

And the RageOn one before that and Mzuni (it was something like that! (The password was the name backwards!))

Calm down everyone I’m from Kiddy but moved to Bicester 25+ years ago rest of family still there but I assumed they could vote as Begbroke/Yarnton

I also touched Alan Judges hand when he walked up the steps, all ok to carry on [emoji23]

Not sure that the BBC article about the poll has been shared. Pretty fair assessment. Only inaccuracy is the mention of it being 18,000 capacity. As we now know, it's 16,000 (per the stadium website).

What is the strange obsession a couple of people in Tackley have with the ground? They are miles away.

No football fans will go there, I can’t see people travelling 6.2 miles out of the way to the Gardiners arms (I had to google maps this information) pub for a pre match drink. In fact i am born and bred Oxford, lived there for the first 39 years of my life and I am a hundred percent certain I have never been to the place, also I am not certain I had even heard of it, it will remain a quiet little backwater completely unaffected by our new ground.

I actually imagine the local pub landlord in Tackley wishes he would get football fans in given the plight of village pubs though, probably be the only thing that will save it from inevitable closure, never going to happen though.
Yeah let's all travel from east Oxford to Tackley. Then park in front of there drive, P**s on their daffodils . Then catch the bus back into KIDLINGTON!! Who in there right mind would go 13 miles out of there way, There & back????

And the RageOn one before that and Mzuni (it was something like that! (The password was the name backwards!))

Calm down everyone I’m from Kiddy but moved to Bicester 25+ years ago rest of family still there but I assumed they could vote as Begbroke/Yarnton

I also touched Alan Judges hand when he walked up the steps, all ok to carry on [emoji23]
Apologies @Steppers .....suspicions (mine) are running high as its polling day in Kidlington

It's just the middle classes trying to get one over on predominantly working class football fans. That's the root of the opposition - snobbery.

To not build the stadium would be to let prejudice win.

Not sure that the BBC article about the poll has been shared. Pretty fair assessment. Only inaccuracy is the mention of it being 18,000 capacity. As we now know, it's 16,000 (per the stadium website).

Not sure about the neutral stance comment either!!

Victoria was on radio oxford this morning.

When it was said the vote was non binding she started saying that she hoped OCC were not going to ignore it blah blah blah

When it was said the vote was non binding she started saying that she hoped OCC were not going to ignore it blah blah blah
Did they ask her where she lives?

FoSB must be confident that 'no' will win. Otherwise it seems like a desperate throw of the dice for them. If 'yes' wins, then having one of the spokepeople for FoSB on saying that the vote should not be ignored would be very damaging for them.

Yeah let's all travel from east Oxford to Tackley. Then park in front of there drive, P**s on their daffodils . Then catch the bus back into KIDLINGTON!! Who in there right mind would go 13 miles out of there way, There & back????
Good luck getting a bus in Tackley!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom