General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with a full ground and tickets being sought after. In practical terms it probably lets us sell ~40% more seats in a much nicer stadium.

As a big Oxford fan I’m extremely excited by the new development however I do think there are some valid concerns about the site. In today’s announcement the club state that at the moment 16.5% travel by bus and 6% by train. Obviously with the train station being so close I’m sure that will change but how realistic is the figure of 90% going by sustainable means? Also there’s an 85% reduction in car parking spaces. I don’t want to be a party pooper but all I’m saying, people like their cars!
Well they had better get used to not liking theirs cars on match days I think

Nothing wrong with a full ground and tickets being sought after. In practical terms it probably lets us sell ~40% more seats in a much nicer stadium.
I guess that the ground needs to be flexible.
So if home crowds grew due to promotion, the away support could be reduced. But you don't want it to be like the Kassam where what 800 seats are lost due to segregation.
I suspect that the reduction is due to the other facilities and the fact that there isn't room for everything, but that is pure guesswork.

Presumably the reduction in capacity, is down to the smaller site,but also because of the council requirement, that all facilities must be self contained ,within the boundaries of the stadium building.
The proposed 200 bed hotel and conference centre,are obviously a key income generator and maybe a trade off for the reduction of 2000.

Yeah. Wonder if some of the rooms will be like they are at the cricket grounds in Southampton and Old Trafford and double as hospitality suites (not at same time obvs)?

Screenshot_20230505_184833_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230505_184851_Samsung Internet.jpg

I love how loads of people are saying that the ground isn't big enough for when we get to the Prem😂😂😂

Don't worry, at that point we will introduce a points based loyalty scheme which will build a loyal fanbase😊

I guess that the ground needs to be flexible.
So if home crowds grew due to promotion, the away support could be reduced. But you don't want it to be like the Kassam where what 800 seats are lost due to segregation.
I suspect that the reduction is due to the other facilities and the fact that there isn't room for everything, but that is pure guesswork.
Could have stopped there tbh

When so many are battling the constant negative rubbish from those opposing the stadium it is somewhat frustrating to see our own fans being so dismissive too.

A boring 16,000 bowl? Or having no football stadium and (very likely) no club?

Maybe read to room a little before commenting and you will likely get a better response.

When so many are battling the constant negative rubbish from those opposing the stadium it is somewhat frustrating to see our own fans being so dismissive too.

A boring 16,000 bowl? Or having no football stadium and (very likely) no club?

Maybe read to room a little before commenting and you will likely get a better response.
Absolutely, I thought I was being pretty polite TBH

Some of our own supporters complaining about a new stadium, which without we will be f*cked, before it's even been built. Make it make sense.

apologies, I just don’t want another bare minimum, rushed stadium (like Grenoble). That was also s**t or bust for us if I remember correctly.

Im sure it will be a place we can be proud of, finally.

Some of our own supporters complaining about a new stadium, which without we will be f*cked, before it's even been built. Make it make sense.

Some fans believe we have a given right to just stay at the Kassam. I guess they have never rented a house where owner decides to not renew the lease as this is what it is essentially is.

I'm doing my best to respond to them but it's hard work. Some want a bloody drive in stadium where they don't have to get out their cars.

The talk of incentives not to use cars will probably sway most people. There will remain some who will want to drive, just need to it to be small which I reckon it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom