General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really do have some very stupid fans , some of the comments on social media regarding the latest update beggars belief.
Got any examples? I'm not on twitter, can't imagine what they are going on about now.

We really do have some very stupid fans , some of the comments on social media regarding the latest update beggars belief.
Hopefully the little caveat is getting that triangle underneath our triangle and coming up with a diamond,for a real 1st class sports ,conference and retail experience to compliment the stadium.

Latest update from the club...

That is a good start. The club need to start seriously working with the local schools, Sports clubs, charities now and get the message out there ( encourage locals to give out the message)
I am pretty disappointed with the change to 16k. With a 10k+ crowd Saturday and much larger crowds in.the Championship it seems strange that the capacity is reduced.

That is a good start. The club need to start seriously working with the local schools, Sports clubs, charities now and get the message out there ( encourage locals to give out the message)
I am pretty disappointed with the change to 16k. With a 10k+ crowd Saturday and much larger crowds in.the Championship it seems strange that the capacity is reduced.

At least it should be 16,000 seats we can actually use unlike the 12,500 at the Kasstad.

I'm alright with 16000.
I could live with it, but don't think it's enough, only 16k will also rule us out of being considered for some non-OUFC events I would have thought. Would have liked it to be around the 20-22k mark.

I'm sure they valid reasons though as others have said.

I can live with 16,000 seats AND safe standing but clarity is needed.

16,000 seats and no safe standing clearly lacks ambition.

I can live with 16,000 seats AND safe standing but clarity is needed.

16,000 seats and no safe standing clearly lacks ambition.
It would be inclusive within the 16000 I imagine.

I’d be fine with it. It’s appropriate for now and could be adjusted in future if required. We need to be pragmatic on this.

We need some clarity/information from the club regarding this decrease in capacity proposal

I could live with it, but don't think it's enough, only 16k will also rule us out of being considered for some non-OUFC events I would have thought. Would have liked it to be around the 20-22k mark.

I'm sure they valid reasons though as others have said.

Taking into account where we currently are, anything in excess of 20k is too big. Numbers continue to grow for Oxford United - we're a better-supported side now at a three-stand dump than at The Manor even when the club we're in the top flight - but we do have a ceiling. We're only the 35th largest of the 47 English counties. There is definite support, but it's finite.

16k would be enough for now but I'd like to know if there is scope to extend that should we need it. 16k in League 1 is fine for 90% of your fixtures. It's probably sufficient for most in the Championship. Get to the PL however - and 20 positions of the 'top 30' are there - and 16k looks too low. If the ability to expand to 20k was there, that would be great to know.

A question for NMcW next time he's on the FMFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom