General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
A CDC election prediction:

Neiither ward nor Campbell will win in Banbury. Ian Middleton will as will the Green candidate in Bicester East.

Tories in Cherwell had a 2 seat majority and they are expecting to lose 5 seats.

At most there will be 2 Greens on the 16 person planning committe but predetermination problems may see them having to step aside on the stadium issue with Labour and the LibDem's having the most on the committee.

"And we have a question next from Mrs Whiny of North Oxford"

"This question is from Little Miss Melodramatic of Kidlington"

Both callers were supported by Captain Neutral!
I don't really know what to make of these two. Both questions were on the melodramatic side, the second was just laughable. If anyone really believes that their quality of life is going to be so affected by the proximity of a stadium that they feel it necessary to move, then they are simply falling for the panic mongering of professional objectors and utter Nimby's.
The diplomatic status of NMcW took a further lift on this performance. I would have had trouble not saying what I really thought of their drama queen nonsense. McIvor even went so far as to say that OUFC were treating Oxford Parkway as a stadium carpark and would thus cause traffic chaos in her part of North Oxford.

I don't really know what to make of these two. Both questions were on the melodramatic side, the second was just laughable. If anyone really believes that their quality of life is going to be so affected by the proximity of a stadium that they feel it necessary to move, then they are simply falling for the panic mongering of professional objectors and utter Nimby's.
The diplomatic status of NMcW took a further lift on this performance. I would have had trouble not saying what I really thought of their drama queen nonsense. McIvor even went so far as to say that OUFC were treating Oxford Parkway as a stadium carpark and would thus cause traffic chaos in her part of North Oxford.

A telling question.

Why shouldn't members of the public use a public car park?! It's as though some think football fans aren't members of the public...

Football fans parking in an otherwise virtually empty car park, and likely paying for the privilege? SCUM!

And you could almost see Victoria Crywell's bottom lip quivering as she spoke of the mass exodus of Kiddlies away from that beastly stadium and kick ball riffraff!!!

And some have the absolute gall to talk about emotional blackmail from Oxford United!!!

Niall McWilliams - a far better man than I!

The poor bloke is about to be harassed, belittled and discredited by FoSB/KDW/Green Party for the next week like Tim Williams was last week.

Stay strong Brother Niall. ✊🤘
The bloke used to run a school. He’s very experienced in often having to patiently respond to repetitive, non-sensical, poorly behaved individuals (and that was just the teachers etc etc).

Superbly dealt with by Niall. A class act.

Just listened. Excellent.

Particularly enjoyed his avoidance of using the K word on multiple occasions...
'...at the present stadium'.

I think he gets it.

If we could only see evidence of the same degree of understanding of the football club from both Ferguson and Williams then I'd be confident we're in a good place.

Oh dear, oh dear. Poor Ian and FOSB. They forced Kidlington to spend a significant amount of money on their "poll" on May 10th, and Niall didn't even mention it as one of the three "hurdles" that have to be overcome.

Still, meaningless though it is, PLEASE get out there and vote if you are eligible to do so.

I've lived in Kidlington all my life, and have chosen to raise a family here too.

And not once in my life have I described kidlington as a "rural setting".

Unless I'm mistaken and many rural settings have their own council estate, airport, industrial estates, motor park and a trainstation on a main line.

The people of North Oxford don't appear to be using Oxford Parkway Park and ride, it's consistently the least used park and ride of them all according to council statistics:

Here's last Saturday at 1.40pm:

So, it may as well be put to use as a stadium car park for a few hours every few weeks.

Last edited:
The people of North Oxford don't appear to be using Oxford Parkway Park and ride, it's consistently the least used park and ride of them all according to council statistics:

Here's last Saturday at 1.40pm:

So, it may as well be put to use as a stadium car park for a few hours every few weeks.
Not sure what the opposition are saying on this
What are we talking about 25/30 days in a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom