General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a canal boat moared near me with Oxford badges in the windows, wonder if they could use it on match days to transport a few of us South Abingdonians.
Yes I‘ve seen that boat always wanted to chat with them hoping as a Yellows fan he might give me a boat trip to Sandford Lock, I could walk to Grenoble Road from there

Want something to brighten your day? Cllr Charlie Hicks in response to my email sent before the meeting on 24th January. We have another ally within OCC.

I have changed absolutely nothing about his response to me and my reply back ... 👀

------------------

Dear Sexiest Man in Oxfordshire,

Many thanks for getting in touch and apologies for my delay in getting back to you. As I'm sure you saw at the time, the Cabinet at Oxfordshire County Council agreed on 24th Jan to continue stadium discussions with Oxford United about the Triangle. Here is more information on that decision from the County Council's website: https://news.oxfordshire.gov.uk/continued-stadium-discussions/

I'm very pleased that the Cabinet took this decision and grateful for the large grassroots support there has been from fans to put their full support behind these proposals. I, personally, am very keen for the move to go ahead in order for Oxford United's future to be secured, for the benefits this will bring to the club and the wider community. I will continue in internal meetings in the council to speak in favour of the move.

Best wishes,
Charlie

Cllr Charlie Hicks
Labour & Co-operative Councillor for Cowley Division, Oxfordshire County Council

Deputy Chair of Place Overview & Scrutiny Committee

------------------

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for your response and what a refreshing response to see you so fervently come out in favour for the proposals too.

Whilst I understand why some do, many other councillors or those in positions of power continue to sit on the fence or euphemistically say that they are 'cautiously neutral' even when their position has been made up so it is terrific to have an ally within OCC to definitely speak up for the club on this.

I look forward to seeing how this develops in the next few months. Come on you Yellows!

Kind regards

------------------

Random thoughts on Ropers nonesense...

1) Roper claims non Kidlington resident (McIvor) speaks for the people of Kidlington, implying , erroneously, that McIvor's views are held by the majority of residents , when clearly they are not. Reality being McIvor heads FoSB , a small but vocal pressure group-(she heads other similar groups & has a history of opposing anything and everything- a professional NIMBY). Valid and genuine concerns of residents of course will be acted upon at the appropriate times.

2) Refreshing to hear that Roper on behalf of FoSB, is claiming responsibility for misleading Kidlingon Parish Council into the stance they took on Stratfield break ports ground. Which , as admitted at a recent KPC meeting by a Parish councillor, cost the people of Kidlington the opportunity of many leisure facilities. Of course with KPC paying out of taxpayers money to maintain the dilapidated sports ground used by and fund toward 4 different sports clubs, FoSB are also part responsible for the incoming and future council tax rises that are being imposed on the people of Kidlington. Im sure most residents of Kidlington would like to personally thank Roper and McIvor for their part in increasing council tax, especially during a cost of living crisis. Hurrah for FoSB - NOT

3) Oxford West Mp Layla Moran appears on social media platforms, bedecked in yellow and blue, supporting Oxford United when ever there's a big game. She is sitting on a small majority in her constituency, so will be seen to listen to all views expressed to her. Thing is the relocation of Oxford United is a County Council issue, which is following the correct and democratic procedures. At last confirmation of the truth regarding cllr Middleton's real position regarding the Stadiam project outside of Kidlington. Until that revelation Cllr Middleton was a self proclaimed cautiously neutral ,Parish, District and County councillor. His filibustering demands for a consultation for local people, is almost out the script of League of Gentlemen, and a blatant and obvious delay tactic. Albeit unlikely to happen, if it did would be another cost at the expense of tax payers, funded by council tax payers. Besides its a county council matter, they own the land that Oxford United want to lease, they held a consultation, involving county council residents, which was overwhelmingly in favour of the stadium project. FoSB really are doing themselves no favours with Kidlington residents by contributing to council tax increases by their actions, and then calling for costly and unnecessary consultations, which would be paid for using money that would be better utilised on services.

4) The toxic scrubland , as previously described by a FoSB supporter, aka The Triangle, has suddenly become detoxified because it suits the agenda of Roper and his FoSB cronys? He and they seem to be glossing over the fact The Triangle is county council land, and that it was the county council who suggested to Oxford Uniteds owners that The Triangle would be the best option for the stadium project.

5) Roper is either being deliberatly obtuse or simply doesn't now what he's talking about on the subject of Oxford Uniteds support. Four Wembley finals ( plus one behind covid lockdown restrictions) over the past four decades have seen in excess of 30,000 oxford united supporters at those games. Plus even more Average home attendance does not equate to the same people going to every game, work , family and other commitments are factors in when people attend. Roper fails spectacularly to consider radio oxford live match coverage listening figures, nor subscribers to ifollow live match coverage. Friends and family of those who do support Oxford United also follow the fortunes of their local football league club. The grenoble rd stadium has poor public transport links, which makes games hard to get to for many. Roper is obviously oblivious to the relatively recent rise in attendance and fortunes of Brighton. It wasn't that long ago that Brighton were playing at the same level as Oxford united, in front of slightly smaller average attenendaces, it was similarly badly served by public transport. Brighton relocated to a new stadium with excellent public transport links, Brighton rose up the football pyramid to play in the premier league. They play every home game in front of a sold out capacity attendance in excess of 30, 000. It seems to me that Kidlington village has more than its fair share of idiots, who seem to be all gathered together in the FoSB pressure group
Now, If you could just trim that down to 250 letters and send it in that’d be great lol

Fella at the back is dressed in Red and White as well. Chuck him overboard.
Only one in yellow though. Unless the lass in pink has opted for the lesser-spotted goalkeeper kit to wear to a game.
Apologies. Had to hire a few "extras " for the promotional shoot. There will be a dress code for the real thing.

Want something to brighten your day? Cllr Charlie Hicks in response to my email sent before the meeting on 24th January. We have another ally within OCC.

I have changed absolutely nothing about his response to me and my reply back ... 👀

------------------

Dear Sexiest Man in Oxfordshire,

Many thanks for getting in touch and apologies for my delay in getting back to you. As I'm sure you saw at the time, the Cabinet at Oxfordshire County Council agreed on 24th Jan to continue stadium discussions with Oxford United about the Triangle. Here is more information on that decision from the County Council's website: https://news.oxfordshire.gov.uk/continued-stadium-discussions/

I'm very pleased that the Cabinet took this decision and grateful for the large grassroots support there has been from fans to put their full support behind these proposals. I, personally, am very keen for the move to go ahead in order for Oxford United's future to be secured, for the benefits this will bring to the club and the wider community. I will continue in internal meetings in the council to speak in favour of the move.

Best wishes,
Charlie

Cllr Charlie Hicks
Labour & Co-operative Councillor for Cowley Division, Oxfordshire County Council

Deputy Chair of Place Overview & Scrutiny Committee

------------------

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for your response and what a refreshing response to see you so fervently come out in favour for the proposals too.

Whilst I understand why some do, many other councillors or those in positions of power continue to sit on the fence or euphemistically say that they are 'cautiously neutral' even when their position has been made up so it is terrific to have an ally within OCC to definitely speak up for the club on this.

I look forward to seeing how this develops in the next few months. Come on you Yellows!

Kind regards

------------------

Why did he refer to you as that?!

Just a thought, do we still believe our current board are up to the job of delivering on this project with Oxford Utd as the biggest benefactor? I'm more concerned than I was 6 months ago, especially since their lack of response to our dismal on the field exploits and the obvious KR question.

My take on things are why would they spend a fortune, and its a fortune that needs spending, on anything until they know that what's happening on the stadium. No stadium, no OUFC, no money wasted or minimal expenses paid out.
Bit like me when I go to the races. I only spend what I am prepared to lose. They will be no different just on a bigger scale.

NO pro or Anti letters in todays OM letters page....this weeks score at HT is 0-2 to the anti's

My take on things are why would they spend a fortune, and its a fortune that needs spending, on anything until they know that what's happening on the stadium. No stadium, no OUFC, no money wasted or minimal expenses paid out.
Bit like me when I go to the races. I only spend what I am prepared to lose. They will be no different just on a bigger scale.

But they've gambled on staying in league one without spending any money which is as dangerous as spending a fortune to try and go up. They should of got rid of Karl months ago and let the new man spend a bit in January to push us up the table and gain a bit of momentum and excitement for next season.

If we stay up and they stick with Karl.

: season ticket sales will be down
: occasional supporters will be down
:shirt sales will be down

If we go down

: club won't be worth as much
: players on outrageous wages for league 2
: season tickets will be down
: less shirts being sold
: less tv money
: less sponsorship

But they've gambled on staying in league one without spending any money which is as dangerous as spending a fortune to try and go up. They should of got rid of Karl months ago and let the new man spend a bit in January to push us up the table and gain a bit of momentum and excitement for next season.

If we stay up and they stick with Karl.

: season ticket sales will be down
:shirt sales will be down

If we go down

: club won't be worth as much
: players on outrageous wages for league 2
: season tickets will be down
: less shirts being sold
: less tv money
: less sponsorship

This 100%. So bloody frustrating

Screenshot_2023-02-15-12-53-40-55_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-15-12-53-13-34_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-15-12-52-41-23_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-15-12-52-15-90_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpgScreenshot_2023-02-15-12-51-52-65_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-15-12-51-24-21_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-15-12-51-24-21_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom