General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triangle is roughly 11 acres and the Exeter college land (lower triangle) is about 12 acres.
One issue with these two pieces of land is that they look to have a continuous area of woodland separating them.
d7bc8791d965abb9742e4f38eb8c7907.jpg
e9fb3ff499ee14bfce9e5ba4a98a0b45.jpg
That woodland is the actual Stratfield Brake, that is (rightly!) protected.

• React
Reactions: ljs
"We make no apologies for another message on the stadium. The future of our club is at stake. OUSP and OxVox are doing all we can, but it’s vital that each individual fan gets involved today to show the extent of support. Thank you to those who have already messaged the council."

Our latest newsletter has our tips and all the links you need background information to put together a message to the Cabinet. Every email counts, if you havent already done so please get writing today.

Please share widely. #saveourstadium

Last edited:
"officers do not consider OUFC’s proposal on the land known as ‘Stratfield Brake, Kidlington’ to be a suitable or deliverable proposition "

Should be reworded to "KPC are a bunch of nimbys who would rather their taxpayers money go into running a sports ground than see something good happen nearby them."

how tall will the stilts need to be? :unsure: 🤣

??

obviously anything is better then our current situation but I can’t help but feel we need the land owned by Exeter college to really make it what we need going forwards. Hopefully something can be sorted between the owners and the college.

Or a nice forest path through the trees. Must be doable, surely.
I'd think the only possibility would be a path on the extreme east side of woodland, as I can't see any way a path through the middle would be allowed.

Saying that, I don't think this area will ever be part of the site.

I'd think the only possibility would be a path on the extreme east side of woodland, as I can't see any way a path through the middle would be allowed.

Saying that, I don't think this area will ever be part of the site.
When you think about it,a Path to the east would be fine. I assume there will be many outlets to buy food/shop etc and then make your way to the ground.
Exactly like the Bowlplex,and other areas are at Grenoble Road and if you have a seat in the North or East Stand you walk to the side of the car park

Triangle is roughly 11 acres and the Exeter college land (lower triangle) is about 12 acres.
One issue with these two pieces of land is that they look to have a continuous area of woodland separating them.
d7bc8791d965abb9742e4f38eb8c7907.jpg
e9fb3ff499ee14bfce9e5ba4a98a0b45.jpg

Can't wait for Millwall at Home 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Instead of jumping out of bushes, this time they'll be waiting in anticipation at the Brake.

Not sure if this has already been mocked up, but here is a near-identical version of Brentford's stadium on the Triangle. Worth noting that Brentford's structure goes right up to the road and rail lines, with almost zero space beyond the stands. This mockup has additional space for supporter movement and potentially deeper stands to allow for conference facilities, retail and even hotel rooms.
View attachment 11707

That’s very interesting and encouraging. We really could end up with an overall triangle shaped stadium! Much closer to Oxford Parkway too.

Although SB will always be ‘what might have been’, it could also have been an ‘standard’ modern stadium ( which would be very acceptable!) So to put a positive spin on it, the constraints of the triangle will mean we will be forced to have a much more ‘one off‘ Stadium, unique to Oxford United , and I quite like that idea.

Another 'anti' letter in todays Oxford mail ( from someone in Littlemore, apparently) claiming amongst other things that theres more golfers in Oxfordshire than there is football supporters ...... ( repo pic of letter to follow)

Another 'anti' letter in todays Oxford mail ( from someone in Littlemore, apparently) claiming amongst other things that theres more golfers in Oxfordshire than there is football supporters ...... ( repo pic of letter to follow)
I cannot dismiss that claim.
But how many members does North Oxford Golf Club have. Bet that is not as many as we have supporters. Because that is the only golf course nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom