General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about tackley she is quite concerned about the traffic build around there for some reason

I'm just hoping anybody in Tackley who are anti stadium don't own a car, or only drive in Tackley itself, otherwise that would be a tad hypocritical complaining about others and traffic.

I was told this on Facebook a few weeks ago by a FOSB member. Like yourself I lived in Oxford for the first 12 years of my life started watching oufc in the 95/96 season before moving away in 98 to where I live now, my mum is buried in rose hill cemetery with my brother I have family in Oxford I go on nights out in Oxford but because I don’t live in Oxfordshire I can’t have a say on the future of our club. It boils my blood who the hell they think they are.
100 percent agree. I don't live in Oxfordshire either but according these fringe maniacs, I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the future of the football club I have supported all my life.

The suggestion that the views of people living outside Oxfordshire should not be considered is bloody frustrating. I was born in Oxfordshire, spent the first 27 years of my life living there, and still visit frequently to see family and watch OUFC. Why the hell should I not get a say?

The opposition is getting increasingly desperate.
They'll happily welcome your say if you were anti stadium...

So now Maggie has seen that the football fans wont be going through Kidlington it is now a problem about the build up on the A34. Is that the A34 that will have far more traffic jams and congestion on it Monday to Friday than it will on a Saturday?
In fact I doubt you would notice much difference on a match day when driving a long the A34.

The current ground where the majority of people drive, you only notice a build up of traffic on a sold out game and it is less than a mile of traffic to get into the car park. You then get a bit of congestion coming out of the ground which lasts about 15-20 minutes.

Oh and while you suggest most will come from the south...if we take this coming season, 14 out of the 23 teams who will be coming to the stadium will be travelling down to the stadium as they are North of Oxford.
I'm sure there was some research done of the location of OUFC fans a while ago and we have large numbers in Witney, Abingdon, Didcot & Bicester. 2 of those places have train stations where it would be easier to get the train than it will to drive.

Any more 'problems' you would like me to correct for you Maggie?

I haven’t the faintest idea who this woman Margaret b is. Surely she can’t possibly be a
moderator on that platform? She’s as daft as a brush, mad as a March hare…

Staggered by some of her inane ramblings. She doesn’t appear to know much about anything least of all
football.

Struggling to work out how on earth Scotchers got banned from there as his posts on here are normally well researched, balanced and sensible.

Was it Margaret b’s dirty work?
Margaret b is a lead moderator she claimed she didn't know then she did know but only that day I pointed out to her that I had known for a few weeks and I had been leaving her hints that I knew she was a mod I showed her screen shots of the hints which has the date on them she told me I lying 🤣

So now Maggie has seen that the football fans wont be going through Kidlington it is now a problem about the build up on the A34. Is that the A34 that will have far more traffic jams and congestion on it Monday to Friday than it will on a Saturday?
In fact I doubt you would notice much difference on a match day when driving a long the A34.

The current ground where the majority of people drive, you only notice a build up of traffic on a sold out game and it is less than a mile of traffic to get into the car park. You then get a bit of congestion coming out of the ground which lasts about 15-20 minutes.

Oh and while you suggest most will come from the south...if we take this coming season, 14 out of the 23 teams who will be coming to the stadium will be travelling down to the stadium as they are North of Oxford.
I'm sure there was some research done of the location of OUFC fans a while ago and we have large numbers in Witney, Abingdon, Didcot & Bicester. 2 of those places have train stations where it would be easier to get the train than it will to drive.

Any more 'problems' you would like me to correct for you Maggie?
I have pointed out to her for the past 20 odd years us supporters have been traveling up the a34 to get to the kassam so it will make no difference

I was told that years ago the Government had planned to make the A34 a motorway to link the West Midlands to the Channel Ports but changed it's mind because of the cost. If were a three lane motorway with a hard shoulder it would help with the congestion. I am sure Maggie would be pleased. We should start campaigning for this as soon as planning permission for the stadium is passed.

I was told that years ago the Government had planned to make the A34 a motorway to link the West Midlands to the Channel Ports but changed it's mind because of the cost. If were a three lane motorway with a hard shoulder it would help with the congestion. I am sure Maggie would be pleased. We should start campaigning for this as soon as planning permission for the stadium is passed.
if the A34 was to be upgraded to a motorway , it would likely not have a hard shoulder - itd be a 'smart' motorway ( 4 lanes), but that's a different can of worms.... I vaguely recall hearing the dame about a34 being upgraded to a motorway, then it not happening due to the cost too @sideshowrob

How can such a quaint village as Kidlington have estates, especially one with the psychotic Karen living there? I thought it was a rural idyll?

She will be fine, when she gets fresh Guiness sh1t in her garden. Bless her!

if the A34 was to be upgraded to a motorway , it would likely not have a hard shoulder - itd be a 'smart' motorway ( 4 lanes), but that's a different can of worms.... I vaguely recall hearing the dame about a34 being upgraded to a motorway, then it not happening due to the cost too @sideshowrob
I thought that the DoT had now changed its mind on smart motorways and had called a halt to any further expansion. I was just trying to imagine the outrage of the green belt brigade if it was proposed, remembering the reaction to the M40 extension planning in the 80s.

andrew.colley@london.newsquest.co.uk
This is the email address of the editor of the Oxford Fail if you have a couple of minutes or a few minutes spare to send him an email protesting your distain at the bias from the Oxford fail and call him out to make a statement in the Oxford fail saying they’re not and explain why he is being honest in saying that. The more that do the more might get done to show that they aren’t bias.

andrew.colley@london.newsquest.co.uk
This is the email address of the editor of the Oxford Fail if you have a couple of minutes or a few minutes spare to send him an email protesting your distain at the bias from the Oxford fail and call him out to make a statement in the Oxford fail saying they’re not and explain why he is being honest in saying that. The more that do the more might get done to show that they aren’t bias.
But Bazzer they aren’t bias, they said they weren’t…

What’s that already this week? 2 front page negative stories about the stadium and it’s only Wednesday!!

But Bazzer they aren’t bias, they said they weren’t…

What’s that already this week? 2 front page negative stories about the stadium and it’s only Wednesday!!
My thought exactly so I would hope a few if not loads of emails get sent to the point where they come out and have to make a public statement in the Oxford mail preferably the front page.

I’d also like FOSB to clarify where the donations are coming from since they want everything out in the open.
Has Middleton donated because if so then that brings his role as MP into question IMO.

How dare us football fans fight for our club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom