General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also talk of one being built at Lodgehill Abingdon once the Southern facing A34 slip roads are built and the one going to be built off Grenoble road/A4074.

Would make sense. Just have to actually get the full junction built!

I wonder why re-linking Abingdon and Oxford by rail is not on the agenda? They would only have to re-instate a mile and a quarter of line and build a halt in Abingdon. It would be relatively cheap, take some pressure off the ring road as well as offering Abingdon residents easy access to London and OUFC.

I wonder why re-linking Abingdon and Oxford by rail is not on the agenda? They would only have to re-instate a mile and a quarter of line and build a halt in Abingdon. It would be relatively cheap, take some pressure off the ring road as well as offering Abingdon residents easy access to London and OUFC.

With the 3000 homes being built in Culham next to the train station it could be a possible a more frequent bus service from Abingdon to Berinsfield via Culham could be on the cards. Travel time from Abingdon to Culham on a bus is less than 5 minutes.

Does anyone know what sort of stuff the club cover in their local consultations?

I'm hoping to ask someone at the club what I should do if I get a bus to the new stadium and someone next to me is playing a game on their phone.

I just can't see how I'd be able to use public transport if that were the case and I'd like to know how the club plan around it.

Now hold on just a minute!

We don't need any line built down here in OX12, we just need a station and some trains to stop now and then!!

Abingdon can wait their bloody turn.

There isn't really much of the track bed left with lots built on, certainly in the centre. Our genius Councils, which claimed to be pro tourism, of the time (mid 80s) pretty much blocked the building of a 15 inch narrow gauge railway from the old Railway Yard site to Radley. As part of the plan, they intended to run commuter services using diesel with Steam services for the tourist trains. They had a plan with available funding, access to locomotives until they got new ones etc. This was long before the Waitrose/Doctors development of the Station Yard and area behind was even thought of. My old man was heavily involved in it.

With the developments and planned developments going on between Abingdon and Radley then it won't be long before Radley is an Abingdon suburb just like Drayton will as well. Radley Station is now effectively Abingdon's Station and possibly if they expanded Culham Station Car Park/Buses to it and increased trains that could do a job as well.

• React
Reactions: n1
Does anyone know what sort of stuff the club cover in their local consultations?

I'm hoping to ask someone at the club what I should do if I get a bus to the new stadium and someone next to me is playing a game on their phone.

I just can't see how I'd be able to use public transport if that were the case and I'd like to know how the club plan around it.

Buy very cheap headphones and give them to person next to you. :)

Anyone who lives in Witney will know that the travel time to the Triangle will be much shorter than to the Kassam. A40-1st exit at the Wolvercote roundabout next right into Pear Tree P&R. Witney-Long Hanbourgh-Bladon-3rd exit off Bladon Roundabou-A44 to the Frieze Way Roundabout choice of 2 P&Rs. Both routes far quicker than a trip to the Kassam FACT.
Correct.

My late father-in-law, having finally relinquished his driving licence, asked us about travelling on public transport. He didn't mind travelling with the proletariat on a bus but, what was the etiquette for gratuities for the driver?

Sorry but that is nowhere near correct.

On Saturday 29 April (last date I have figures for), at 1:40pm the P&R at Parkway was only 21% full. It has 1,229 spaces. There is also the Station car park, which has another 750 spaces, meaning there are approximately 2,000 spaces just over the road from the stadium. If 21% of the total was used it would still leave nearly 1,600 spaces for football fans. Don't forget, not all of the spaces at The Kassam are available to us either, as a fair few are used by cinema goers and other users of the Ozone facilities, so it really is no different.

Furthermore, at the same time, on the same day, there were a further 1,625 spaces available at Peartree and Seacourt, which were less than 30% occupied, meaning a further 1,150 spaces were empty. The club will be running buses to the stadium from ALL P&R sites around the city and surrounding area, with incentivised tickets available to fans.

If you still want to drive, and park near the exit to the P&R at Parkway, I really don't see that it will be any different at all to your current routine, neither will getting away after the game. Also, part of the plan is to provide enough things for fans to do before and after games, so that fans arrive and depart over a longer period of time, meaning that people like you, who want to rush straight off, will in all probability find it even easier. And all of this ignores the fact that most people WILL NOT be driving anyway.

There really is no more to say!
Actually I need to correct myself here. I was trying to do this while my young grandson was doing his best to grab my laptop, so made the mistake of reading spaces available as total spaces. So the reality is even better!

Parkway has about 1,550 spaces in total at the P&R alone
Peartree has just under 1,000
Seacourt has 1,400 in total.

So 4,000 in the three nearest P&R sites!

Do Trains still stop at Culham and Appleford.

My late father-in-law, having finally relinquished his driving licence, asked us about travelling on public transport. He didn't mind travelling with the proletariat on a bus but, what was the etiquette for gratuities for the driver?
a good tip could be ' look both ways before you cross the road'?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom