General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with nearly all developments, any access roads, paths etc are to be at the cost of the developer. OCC will, most likely, "adopt" said access at a later stage.

And let’s not forget that the County is in charge of all transport and highway related issues, rather than the District.

So OUFC and CDC’s officers would work with the County Council and related bodies on transport matters during the pre-app, planning and post-planning stages, should we get there.

This is again helpful given that the County suggested this site (and transport links are of course a major part of this rationale for the site suggestion).

But yet again, that’s for another day. For now, just get your emails in today or tomorrow so they are received well before Tuesday and get those you know to do the same - don’t leave it too late.

It's more than that, we need to show strength of numbers, there's a worrying complacency around this I feel.
Yes, I feel that too. I think more needs to be done at home games, outside the entrances to the stadium and maybe utilise the new scoreboard before kickoff and during halftime. Today would be a fantastic opportunity with a big crowd present to drive home the need for action.
A home game is the best place to catch people’s attention.

I'm afraid not everyone does social media.
You need to box clever,& use every means of communication. Good old fashion word& mouth, leaflets through doors, posters. I'm surprised there's no banners at Kidlington roundabout, in fact all the roundabouts in Oxford. Banners along the railway from Oxford station to Oxford Parkway. A march & rally to the Town Hall. Match Day leaflets & info. Banners at the ground.Vocal singing in support of stadium ( etc etc) 🤘🤘

Yes, I feel that too. I think more needs to be done at home games, outside the entrances to the stadium and maybe utilise the new scoreboard before kickoff and during halftime. Today would be a fantastic opportunity with a big crowd present to drive home the need for action.

Yep. The club will have a captive audience of 7000 odd fans there for two hours today. Get the video played before the game and at half-time and use the tannoy to bang on about getting emails in after.

You need to box clever,& use every means of communication. Good old fashion word& mouth, leaflets through doors, posters. I'm surprised there's no banners at Kidlington roundabout, in fact all the roundabouts in Oxford. Banners along the railway from Oxford station to Oxford Parkway. A march & rally to the Town Hall. Match Day leaflets & info. Banners at the ground.Vocal singing in support of stadium ( etc etc) 🤘🤘
Spot on.
Yellows Forum is used by a minority of supporters. Oxvox has what 1000 members ( many of who probably do come on here)
So home games is the obvious way to get to supporters ( as well as the clubs database)

Spot on.
Yellows Forum is used by a minority of supporters. Oxvox has what 1000 members ( many of who probably do come on here)
So home games is the obvious way to get to supporters ( as well as the clubs database)

Yup. Ten people with iPads getting people to spend two minutes signing the petition would get dozens if not hundreds of new names.

Yep. The club will have a captive audience of 7000 odd fans there for two hours today. Get the video played before the game and at half-time and use the tannoy to bang on about getting emails in after.
In fact let’s see if we can get Ipswich fans on board and help.
I’m sure our supporters would help any club in this predicament even them at the wrong end of the A420.

Let’s hope the banner that was at the Arsenal game will be present today

Just sent another 2 emails off regarding Tuesdays meeting, I just hope I get a response before Tuesday

Yup. Ten people with iPads getting people to spend two minutes signing the petition would get dozens if not hundreds of new names.
Well we did the petition no riot to last years home game against Sheffield Wednesday and i for a fair few pages of signatures as did other members getting people to sign the petition I also believe that is where the moaners and objectors have got this fan from the Orkneys being mentioned quite a bit.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I sent an email directly and solely to my County Councillor Calum Miller to avoid the copy and paste response that group emails get.

Worryingly, I have received no response and he's a major player in all this.

The club definitely missed a trick in not putting any links or promotion of the petition or stadium on the new scoreboard at the Arsenal match.

You are so right, wonder if anything is set up for this afternoon, wife just suggested you should be handing out leaflets as they go in with the emails for cabinet on them. She said they will read them as they sit down and can do it on their phones at half time. I'm annoyed I never thought of it and talked oxvox.

Last edited:
I sent an email directly and solely to my County Councillor Calum Miller to avoid the copy and paste response that group emails get.

Worryingly, I have received no response and he's a major player in all this.
Although my County councillor is no where near Kidlington I have written but the reply was more or less it’s not my area but we will be discussing

Leaflets available in the concourse about the stadium and petition.. if you go looking for them.

Why not have someone outside each turnstile handing them to everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom