General Club Finances 2023

How Concerned Are You About Our Increasing Debt Levels?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OUFCGav

Can someone with more time (and likely knowledge of the subject) that me today check out the new charge document lodged re OUFC at Companies House. A summary would be great :)

The accounts for 2023 are also up.

Can't link direct to the documents, but this link is to the Oxford United FC company page and you can download the PDFs from the links in the list.

Last edited:
I believe @MarkG is the resident authority on things such as this?

A quick scan through the document does not reveal very much. It is signed, for the club, by Grant Ferguson and Tiger, as a director. The charge is held by Barclays Security.
The only figure mentioned is £100,000 - see below:
1711623227842.png
As to what that all means, I don't know.

Isn't it towards a liability if called in like an overdraft for example

£17k a day?!

It's Tim's spreadsheets that I feel sorry for.

I believe the annual loss that will be announced in a year’s time will be in excess of £10m.
If that includes the cost of the proposals for The Triangle, I’m far from surprised.

If it doesn’t, well I’d have to ask, “where’s it all gone?”

Not good reading and this will certainly be a stick that FOSB will use to beat the club with.

Not good reading and this will certainly be a stick that FOSB will use to beat the club with.
I think that it highlights the need for the new stadium ( with the financial projections to back this up)
Without the stadium it is game over for OUFC.
Not sure how this helps FOSB suggesting that the club should pay a lot more rent to stay at the Kassam?

I think that it highlights the need for the new stadium ( with the financial projections to back this up)
Not sure how this helps FOSB suggesting that the club should pay a lot more rent to stay at the Kassam?

We would also probably need new owners to pay that increased rent, so I would say if we get turned down then that’s that.

The anti-stadium argument will be that there is a risk of the club running out of funds and the stadium being left half-built, which, to be fair, is a reasonable concern.

This is why they didn't want to answer my question at the recent Fans Forum.

Are we really expected to believe that the Chairman and CEO did not know, only three short weeks ago, that we had lost over £6m???!!! It's why I kept pushing the point on the night.

A couple of other points to note are as follows. We now publish a shortened version of the accounts, with none of the more interesting information available, and there is 10/12 pages less information than most of our contemporaries, and no Directors' Report, which usually explains the rationale behind the numbers. At the moment the £6m is sitting on the accounts as debt, not equity, which was another point of mine that they didn't want to answer at the Fans Forum.

As I've mentioned the Fans Forum, it's worth relating that I sent Tim Williams an email the following day, as a bit of an olive branch, saying that I hadn't intended things to become as adversarial as they did. Three weeks later and I haven't had as much as an acknowledgement from him. That together with the new, slimmed down, public accounts reminds me of the great Jim Royle quote, "communication my a**e"!

Back
Top Bottom