Ex Player Mickey Lewis RIP

Hang those boots up one last time Mad Dog, your shift is over, a shift full of whole hearted dedication and passion.
Thank you and rest in peace.

A sad, sad loss. Rest in peace Mad Dog. Heart felt condolences to all his family.
OUFCX

I have nothing to say that hasn’t been captured by dozens of you already. Life is so utterly precious and we far too often worry about the littlest of matters that we ought not to.

“As you danced in the light of the yellow family with joy love lifted you.

As you brushed against this world with your passion for our club you lifted us. “

Bloody Hell, only just seen this news.

Such a shock and desperately sad.

OUFC have indeed lost a total legend, and at such a young age too.

Thoughts are with his family.

RIP Mad Dog and thank you for all the memories and your loyal service to the club we all hold so dear.

Can't believe what I've read. Met him a couple of times and it was evident he would always give all he had for the cause. Heart of a lion. RIP Mickey

0:15 - Trademark Mickey Lewis celebration.
1:38 - Mickey's best goal.
Well done for finding this, I've looked everywhere over the years, for a clip of that goal, my favourite Mickey Lewis moment, of which there were many.

Just goes to show, he was more than just a midfield terrier, he was good with the ball, always looked to play a pass forward in to feet, and loved a one two!

"Mickey's gonna getchya, Mickey's gonna getchya, la la la la ooh!, la la la la ooh!"

Really bad news. A great servant to the club. He would do anything asked of him and he was always willing to pass the time of day. Gave everything on and off the pitch.
RIP Mickey.

Well done for finding this, I've looked everywhere over the years, for a clip of that goal, my favourite Mickey Lewis moment, of which there were many.

Just goes to show, he was more than just a midfield terrier, he was good with the ball, always looked to play a pass forward in to feet, and loved a one two!

"Mickey's gonna getchya, Mickey's gonna getchya, la la la la ooh!, la la la la ooh!"

Super goal from Mad Dog.

Who would have thought Mark Druce could be unplayable too? What a performance from him!

Tragic news, gutted. He was way to young.
I only ever met him properly once, in the old bar at the back of the London road. I remember feeling really odd meeting one of my favourite players, I didn’t really know what to say and felt a bit awkward. But he was so relaxed, so easy to talk to and plenty of chat and banter. Absolute top man. RIP and love to all his family.

So sad. A true legend. A vital piece of the team. Don't forget the level he was playing at, the quality of opposition he faced week in week out was far superior to what we have been against in the last 20 odd years and he mixed it well with them. Taking that into account I don't think there has been a player who has played in his position since that has been close to his equal. His crouch with his arms stretched out as wide as he could ready to stop an opposition attack progressing was a great image to remember him by.

I used to have a pint now and then with Mick at the Pepper Pot in Banbury and he always had time to talk no matter who he was with.
Top man MAD DOG!
RIP mate

On the BBC just now:

"Chris Wilder also paid tribute his former Oxford United assistant Micky Lewis.

Oxford legend Lewis died at the age of 56 from lung cancer weeks after being diagnosed.

"I’m still quite numb about it from how quickly it’s happened. He was a brilliant professional to work with and a close friend. I feel for his family," Wilder said.

"Three weeks ago he was kicking a ball in the park with his little one and last night we got the call with the terrible news. Anybody who knows him would know what a fabulous human being he was. He was one of my tightest pals since I’ve been at Oxford."

Great from CW

Back
Top Bottom