Ex Player Lewis Bate

Smyth? He's done ok but let's not forget he was sent back from Solihull early. I just don't feel this situation is set for him to flourish.
Was he sent back early? Just checking the SM Facebook page and it looks like he came back on time - although in fairness SM didn't seem desperate to hang on to him. From the little I've seen and heard of him so far, I think OS could be crucial in our run in, and I'm optimistic that he'll rise to the challenge. As others have noted, he seems to have 'a bit about him' ability wise and has physical presence, he seems to have a good attitude, and he's young with a point to prove.

I see Bate hasn’t featured much for Leeds so far this season… only got a year left on his contract, I know he divided opinion a bit when he was here but he won a few MOTM awards and was player of the month at one point as far as I recall… I know we don’t exactly need midfielders but seems one who would fit Manning’s style and would allow Smyth to go out on loan?

Absolutely 0 ITK just a thought.

I see Bate hasn’t featured much for Leeds so far this season… only got a year left on his contract, I know he divided opinion a bit when he was here but he won a few MOTM awards and was player of the month at one point as far as I recall… I know we don’t exactly need midfielders but seems one who would fit Manning’s style and would allow Smyth to go out on loan?

Not sure I remember many not liking him but he was a highlight of a very poor season imo.
I hear Sonny Perkins could be coming on loan from Leeds

I'd absolutely take him. McEachran, Cam, McGuane and Bate rotating in the middle of midfield would be exceptional at this level.

Brilliant player. I’d have him in a snip.

I would love to have Bate back I thought he was a great little player maybe one to look at in January

I'd absolutely take him. McEachran, Cam, McGuane and Bate rotating in the middle of midfield would be exceptional at this level.

I'd take him if Cam Bran was sold. They seemed to take the same space on the pitch/make similar runs in my vague recollections.

Technically great at times, but was inconsistent. Maybe in the Manning strategy he'd be better performing

Back
Top Bottom