Ex Player Mickey Lewis RIP

So sad. A true legend. A vital piece of the team. Don't forget the level he was playing at, the quality of opposition he faced week in week out was far superior to what we have been against in the last 20 odd years and he mixed it well with them. Taking that into account I don't think there has been a player who has played in his position since that has been close to his equal. His crouch with his arms stretched out as wide as he could ready to stop an opposition attack progressing was a great image to remember him by.
I used to try and practice that crouch as a kid.

RIP Mad Dog. Was so surprised to read this. Whilst not the most technical player, he was a ball winner and allowed those technical players to play. I mentioned it not long ago but the goal and celebration when he scored at Derby still sticks in mind. The sheer joy on his face.

My condolences to the family and friends.

For once today I didn’t really care less about the game, this has really upset me, only the best die young, like so many others have said he took the time to talk to you and genuinely show an interest, no many around like him, hope his family can find peace one day XXXX

Well done Radio Oxford for a great tribute to Micky Lewis. Extremely sad news. He was part of the team I grew up with. Such a sad lose and at no age at all.
Thoughts and best wishes to his family. He’ll certainly be in many peoples thoughts tonight.

Awful, horrible news. RIP Mad Dog, many good memories watching him, Fordy, Robbo etc giving their all for the shirt and fans at The Manor.
He did everything for the club and I hope there can be a lasting legacy once his poor family and all his footballing friends have grieved. Gutted tonight to hear this.

It will be no comfort to his family right now of course, but i hope in time they are able to read all the tributes to a wonderful man.

He has made such a positive impression on so many people and has left us without a single negative word, people speaking only of their admiration and love for him And in life, thats the very best any of us could possibly hope for.

Such desperately sad news.
But truly heartwarming to read all these tributes to such a wonderful man.

I hope his family get to see them.

Only knew him a little, but every time I met him there was his big warm smile and handshake. Just like everyone else has said.

We'll miss you so much Mickey. RIP

😥

Back
Top Bottom