League One Michael Appleton

They are contenders now.

Are they f*ck.

Look what you could have had. Going to be fascinating to see who comes out on top.

What, of us and Charlton? Really?

To me that shows a baffling lack of faith in what we have done this summer and how we have performed this season thus far.

If Charlton somehow finish above us this season either we'll have completely imploded and ripped up the entire philosophy and identity that we've built and embedded at the club under the current management - and/or Charlton Athletic and their swollen and unbalanced squad, will, with the appointment of a pretty average Football League manager, turn into the best side ever seen at this level.

We will finish Top 6. Charlton will not.

Bookmark.

Are they f*ck.

What, of us and Charlton? Really?

To me that shows a baffling lack of faith in what we have done this summer and how we have performed this season thus far.

If Charlton somehow finish above us this season either we'll have completely imploded and ripped up the entire philosophy and identity that we've built and embedded at the club under the current management - and/or Charlton Athletic and their swollen and unbalanced squad, will, with the appointment of a pretty average Football League manager, turn into the best side ever seen at this level.

We will finish Top 6. Charlton will not.

Bookmark.
I meant more it will be interesting to see how much Charlton improve under him, how they play, and whether we maintain our good start. I'm not one of these clairvoyants who know everything so I'll just wait and see.

17 pages and the 1st page alone is minted with negativity on Mapps appointme

They are contenders now.
I mean, they were anyway. They were a lot of people's pick for having had the best window. Will be interesting to see what they can do with someone we know can be a very effective manager at this level at the helm. That said, seems a slightly odd move for him: having had a career pre-us of working exclusively (and failing) at basketcase clubs, going to Charlton in their present state seems a possible continuation of the same.

I mean, they were anyway. They were a lot of people's pick for having had the best window. Will be interesting to see what they can do with someone we know can be a very effective manager at this level at the helm. That said, seems a slightly odd move for him: having had a career pre-us of working exclusively (and failing) at basketcase clubs, going to Charlton in their present state seems a possible continuation of the same.
They were mine. Really good squad. Just needed a competent coach which they now have.

Appleton will certainly improve them. When we played them they looked like a bunch of halfway decent players who had no real idea of what the team plan was. He'll be able to sort that out.

I’ve nothing against Appleton, bar the fact he walked out on us (OK, I do resent that a little, and yes I know that Eales etc etc etc) and he was, eventually, a great manager for us. The 15/16 season means that his time at the club will be forever remembered as wonderful, but why all the well-wishing?

I couldn’t give two hoots about Charlton, Methven and, now that he’s there, Appleton either.

I can't see any! All I can see is people discussing how they think he will do in that situation - not one single person has said that they hope he does well there...
You’re right.

My mind has merged Twitter and the forum.

Don't care for Charlton, so that's about it really...

Well obvs I want us to do better, but I have good feelings for him. Kind of wonder if he’s his own worst enemy , with some questionable job decisions
Agreed.

I think many football managers have egos that lead them to think they ‘they’ can be the one that gets it right at a troubled club. They often think similarly in regards to recruiting players with question marks over their ability/availability/attitude. Karl springs to mind.

Good appointment for Charlton, but only if he’s given time to build his own squad and team.

My gut feeling is that he won’t be given the time and they‘ll panic.

I’ve nothing against Appleton, bar the fact he walked out on us (OK, I do resent that a little, and yes I know that Eales etc etc etc) and he was, eventually, a great manager for us. The 15/16 season means that his time at the club will be forever remembered as wonderful, but why all the well-wishing?

I couldn’t give two hoots about Charlton, Methven and, now that he’s there, Appleton either.
I hope he does absolutely shite. As much as I respect him, he walked out on us for cash.

You are odd. Isn’t that why a lot of people change jobs? He probably made a bad choice but you can’t blame him for leaving to get a good pay rise.
To be fair, you did earlier say “Surely the whole point of football is having these likes and dislikes, not viewing the whole thing dispassionately.”

Kip is entitled to feel Appleton let us down - you might disagree with opinion
(and to some extent I might too) but his own passionately felt views are completely valid.

We all see things differently - that’s the joy of football - but above all, all of us want the best for our club and team.

Back
Top Bottom