League One Michael Appleton

I'd imagine not a big enough budget for him to feel he could do well , he doesn't seem to stay anywhere for long does he ?
After his cancer scare as well maybe he needs a break or to concentrate on other ventures ?

What went wrong there?

Nothing particularly. They over performed last year and finished where they should do in an average season this time around. It makes their finish look disappointing when it’s really par for what Lincoln can presently achieve.

MApp’s contract was up, I believe, and it was felt a new challenge was needed by all.

The lad doesn`t need to work after his pay-off from Leicester and probably doesn`t need the stress.

Hope he stays healthy and enjoys the more important things in life.

Forget his pay off from Leicester, Appleton will already be a wealthy man from his pay out that ended his career - well over a million I think it was.

“We can’t afford to appoint Michael Appleton as our new manager as we’re in a relegation battle and he’s a notoriously slow starter”

… Slower than 4 points out of 12?

They are contenders now.
Really?
The thing about MAPP is that he wants his own players in. If the players Charlton have suit him then they could do well. If he doesn't start well ( like at Oxford), it maybe the January window when they will improve

They are contenders now.

Are they? Appleton has never been a manager that has seen an immediate upturn in results. 2 wins in his first 12 with Oxford, 3 wins in his first 12 with Lincoln, and 3 wins in his first 12 with Blackpool.

He's a notoriously slow starter that needed a second season to find success at Oxford and Lincoln and has not survived long enough for a second season at any of the other clubs he's been with.

He may well find success at Charlton, but it's unlikely to be this season.

Back
Top Bottom