Current Player Marcus Browne

Indeed, every time he's injured there's a chorus of 'nobody could have predicted this'. Unfortunately, even Browne can't give us what Browne can since he only plays 4 or 5 games full fit in a season; perhaps that's what you said.

Lovely lad, exciting player to watch, wish him the best etc.

Robinson was/is obsessed with ‘risk for reward’ players, whether that be players such as Browne, Baldock, Wildshut, Anderson, Jones or Murphy.

Partly because it fed his ego and self delusions that he could get players back to their peak and that he (KR) was some sort of mental/physical health guru.

They tend to easier signings to get over the line too, thus avoids the hassle of working hard at recruiting and attention to detail that is needed. Other more pragmatic managers see too many negatives attached to such players.

Carrying too many of these type of players makes it difficult to be successful, there will not be enough consistency over a season, yes there may be purple patches but also poor run of results.

You can be sure Plymouth didn’t fill their squad with ‘risk for reward’ players last season, a lot more planning, preparation and hard work went into it than it did at Oxford.

Incidentally, did people know his release clause at Barca was £25M(!) as reported on their official site, and that he’s the first Englishman to suit up for Barca in a competitive match since Lineker?

According to La Liga rules, every player has to have a release clause. Teams will include an outrageously high ones just because they have to put something in the contract. Although it went wrong for Barcelona when PSG bid for Neymar, as they didn't expect anyone to pay €222m for any player.

Listening to latest interview on iFollow with Stan Mills, it is mentioned that Marcus Browne is fit again. Whether that means fit and training, fit to play or just fit to start training isn't clear. Hopefully an update to follow.
According to Mannings interview on iFollow hes a long way from fit!

Listening to latest interview on iFollow with Stan Mills, it is mentioned that Marcus Browne is fit again. Whether that means fit and training, fit to play or just fit to start training isn't clear. Hopefully an update to follow.
Having just listened to it, I think Chris Williams says re Marcus Browne 'and he'll be back fit' after listing those who *are* fit and challenging for the spots Mills wants to play in. I take that to mean later in the season rather than imminently.

Having just listened to it, I think Chris Williams says re Marcus Browne 'and he'll be back fit' after listing those who *are* fit and challenging for the spots Mills wants to play in. I take that to mean later in the season rather than imminently.
Thanks. I rather thought it might be a little soon for him coming back. Fingers crossed he will be back though.

Was expected to be about 3 months minimum for recovery I thought

Whenever he’s over his injury, and gets back to training full time, we don’t need to be rushing him back in to the match day squad. We have plenty of cover for him. He could be vital over the Xmas period, and second half of the season. When fixtures will be clogged up, and rotation will be required. Especially when you start playing 3 games in 7 days, because there will be a time when re arranged fixtures will be made due to postponements, and international breaks etc.

No rush to bring him back yet. Goodrham, Murphy, Edwards, and Mills can all play on the wing. I’ve probably missed someone, just shows how important squad depth is going to be this season. Especially if we want to challenge the top 2 spots.

Karl Robinson is intrigued.
“As Club Doctor, I have to tell you that player X has lost one leg, suffered a heart attack this morning and seems to have lost the ability to see or hear.”

“Understood. I’ll make sure he only plays the first sixty minutes.”

Not been any updates around Browne lately... I assume he's out for the season?

Back
Top Bottom