Luke Garbutt

Tosh. Many people had high expectations of Graham, including me. But he failed to deliver. It was nothing to do with Robinson’s “poor management” of him.
After the first couple of games, and for the next half dozen, most were saying what a difference Graham had made and how good he was, and we were lucky to have him. So not really true to say he failed totally.

For whatever reason, whether he had a fallout, or got a bit petulant, he then had 2 or 3 poor performances and was not even used as a sub after that.

After the first couple of games, and for the next half dozen, most were saying what a difference Graham had made and how good he was, and we were lucky to have him. So not really true to say he failed totally.

For whatever reason, whether he had a fallout, or got a bit petulant, he then had 2 or 3 poor performances and was not even used as a sub after that.
Wasnt the thing about him trying to beat his man twice due to him being played on the left and having to get the ball on to his right foot? I thought he had some good performances and definitely showed he is a skilful and class player

I think he flattered to deceive. He LOOKED good, but the end result was usually poor. He was able to drift past opponents with ease but what happened after that was the problem. A shame, as he had (has) so much potential.

Graham averaged 9 crosses per 90mins. How many assists did he get?

Could have been under KR instruction but he became frustrating to watch. Garbutt was far more productive

To be fair to Jordan Graham, I only saw him in home games but he seemed to struggle when playing in front of the south stand because of how bad the pitch is and seemed to play better when on the other side. I think he started his spell off really well and looked a decent addition but for me there was one game where he came on as a sub (can't remember the game) but something happened after a couple of minutes, he seemed to pull up after going on a run and for me wasn't the same player after that so it could be that he was struggling with an injury towards the end of his spell but wanted to keep playing as he has missed so much football since he was last here.

I think he flattered to deceive. He LOOKED good, but the end result was usually poor. He was able to drift past opponents with ease but what happened after that was the problem. A shame, as he had (has) so much potential.
Agree with that.
He did certain things really well. But his crossing was poor and he didnt take the chances he had (he himself admitted that)
The one stand out moment was that free kick at Blackpool.

Could have been under KR instruction but he became frustrating to watch. Garbutt was far more productive
Maybe those on the end of the crosses/passes messed up? That's the problem with statistics.

Overall I think Graham was a bit disappointing.

Yes he’s undoubtedly a talented footballer, but In my my opinion just doesn’t work hard enough for the team when we don’t have the ball. A luxury player really, which is fine if he’s scoring goals and creating lots of opportunities but sadly he was doing enough of that.

Maybe those on the end of the crosses/passes messed up? That's the problem with statistics.
And those same players did get in the end of Garbutt crosses?
It wasnt just his crosses. He himself admitted that he should have taken some of the chances he missed

I would argue crossing is inefficient along with us not having a squad capable of scoring from crosses in open play.

Crossing for Sinclair won’t yields a whole lot

Yes mainly because he is naturally left footed. A right footed players instinct is to cut inside and this is where Graham struggled in the main. He couldn't make his mind up!
I suspect that had Garbutt been asked to play on the right he would have had the same problem or even been worse.
I would have Garbutt back BTW

Yes mainly because he is naturally left footed. A right footed players instinct is to cut inside and this is where Graham struggled in the main. He couldn't make his mind up!
I suspect that had Garbutt been asked to play on the right he would have had the same problem or even been worse.
I would have Garbutt back BTW
But Graham preferred playing on the left from memory?