Luke Garbutt

More likely Everton would like to release Garbutt from his contract "by mutual consent". I'm not sure they'd want a fee. If anything it would likely to be just enough to pay off his contract.

Can't see Garbutt in a rush to release himself from his premiership contract when he can go on loan for his final year. He's unlikely to be to earn the sort of Salary he is on at Everton.

I would have thought that there are very few clubs even in the Championship that would want to pay his salary. Rumoured to be £28k a week I believe.

We had Graham, then Garbutt, and now have Fosu for the wide left position. A decent permanent signing (which is what most people wanted) instead of a loanee.

Not bothered at all if Garbutt doesn't return... Spend the money now on positions in which we do need players.

Absulutely great news we have signed 2 players as long as we follow that up with the 4 or so players we still need.
Yes its about quality, but that has to quality in numbers in our case due to the paper thin first team squad we currently have, with our first friendly this weekend.

Less bothered by this one that the Sinclair one. Whilst I felt Garbutt got better and I liked his attitude, he was second on my list of players who caused me to lose it last season (Mitchell if you're asking) in his early games. Has periods in games where he seems to offer absolutely nothing, and, considering he's a full back, was far better further up the pitch that his supposed natural position.

Absulutely great news we have signed 2 players as long as we follow that up with the 4 or so players we still need.
Yes its about quality, but that has to quality in numbers in our case due to the paper thin first team squad we currently have, with our first friendly this weekend.
The key thing is that we have to get in a CB to replace Nelson and a striker asap. Sure we need other players but these are 2 absolutely critical signings, as you say with a friendly this weekend.
On the assumption that no player will play 90 minutes and Whyte and Sykes returned late, there will be some U23s playing I assume.

The key thing is that we have to get in a CB to replace Nelson and a striker asap. Sure we need other players but these are 2 absolutely critical signings, as you say with a friendly this weekend.
On the assumption that no player will play 90 minutes and Whyte and Sykes returned late, there will be some U23s playing I assume.

All of the U23s in Portugal will be involved. But don't know about those who are on the u23 training camp in Scotland as don't they have their own games up there?

Garbutt not an Ipswich target according to one of their local papers journos on twitter.

I haven't been on here for a while, so have missed any news about that player Cudden (sorry, Cadden).Can anyboby tell me what's happening?

He was on his way down the M6 to sign for us when a dog ran across the road, causing him to swerve into Sandbach services, where he's currently considering his options.

And hopefully that’s where the story ends!

M6 did you say? He is probably waiting for us to pay his toll charge.

Hang on a minute; what happened to the bloody dog?

The dog, Roy, caught the car thief he was chasing in his role as a Police dog. This involved a good bite of the thief and then Roy had a celebratory pee on the offender's head. Roy also had a fun time playing with his toy as a reward.

Unfortunately the car thief was from Swindon so Roy had to undergo an emergency course of medication to ensure he remained healthy.

The dog, Roy, caught the car thief he was chasing in his role as a Police dog. This involved a good bite of the thief and then Roy had a celebratory pee on the offender's head. Roy also had a fun time playing with his toy as a reward.

Unfortunately the car thief was from Swindon so Roy had to undergo an emergency course of medication to ensure he remained healthy.
I can’t believe what I’m reading. We’re all so bored with waiting for news incoming that it’s driving people nuts! Can’t be much longer surely?

Garbutt will stay in my memory for that Walsall moment, the absolute relief was tangible...

As long as he's healthy enough to run onto the pitch, that's ok by me.