Luke Garbutt

Might just be me, did anyone else hear 'Garbutt' called out in the background at 1:15 in the latest iFollow video interviewing Mark Sykes?

Am fine to be told my hearing is going, and it was something completely different [emoji1]
Could be but isn’t it law that footballers can’t be called by their real names hence it would be “Garbs”?!?

I liked Garbutt, firstly I thought he showed balls in sticking to his task, despite a difficult start, and fronting up, and secondly he ultimately showed great value to the team with goals and assists when they were needed.

Having said all that, as soon as Fosu was signed I’d pretty much written off his return. We’ve now got Fosu and Hall who can play on the left. Do we really need him as well? Unless he’s looking to play Fosu in the 10 role..

Might just be me, did anyone else hear 'Garbutt' called out in the background at 1:15 in the latest iFollow video interviewing Mark Sykes?

Am fine to be told my hearing is going, and it was something completely different [emoji1]

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Hally in the background shouting out names of transfer targets, trying to ruin the video and thus Chris Williams's day. There are probably further takes where he shouts out the names of Sinclair, Cadden and Wilson.

I liked Garbutt, firstly I thought he showed balls in sticking to his task, despite a difficult start, and fronting up, and secondly he ultimately showed great value to the team with goals and assists when they were needed.

Having said all that, as soon as Fosu was signed I’d pretty much written off his return. We’ve now got Fosu and Hall who can play on the left. Do we really need him as well? Unless he’s looking to play Fosu in the 10 role..

I agree. I would have been happy bringing Garbutt back, and think we could still find space for him (agree about Fosu at 10).

But we have other positions that we need, and I would guess that his wages would be at the top end of what we'd be looking at. I'd rather see that put towards a top class striker or centre back.

Garbutt allowed us to tighten up when we needed to.
In addition his dead ball delivery was very good and he managed to get on the end of crosses and scored some vital goals.
Ipswich not surprisingly could offer more than us, but I would have been pleased had he come back.

Really disappointing, that's two of the quality players from last season that KR wanted biting the dust. I thought they had money issues as well. Their fans are speculating its a loan initially. We have to replace the quality lost last season, to go alongside the two signings in so far.

Most Ipswich fans I've seen seem to think they're signing him as a LB; will be interesting to see how he gets on for them (presuming he signs)

I did have a quick look on twitter, and firstly the rumour appears to have come from one guy who thought he saw Garbutt but admitted he was rubbish at faces!!! And secondly, they are talking up his goals and assists and saying how good this is for a left back!! Unfortunately we know that his left back starts were very different from those when he moved forward!!!

Really disappointing, that's two of the quality players from last season that KR wanted biting the dust. I thought they had money issues as well. Their fans are speculating its a loan initially. We have to replace the quality lost last season, to go alongside the two signings in so far.
We’ve signed two good permanent players to replace quality loans, that’s got to be a bonus.

Garbutt has one year remaining on his contract. I wonder if Everton will sell him, rather than loan him out again and lose him for nothing in a year's time?

Garbutt has one year remaining on his contract. I wonder if Everton will sell him, rather than loan him out again and lose him for nothing in a year's time?

I think they will sell him, but it will be difficult as the new club will have to match or be close to meeting his wages.