EPL Liverpool 7(seven) Manchester United 0

What was especially funny is once Liverpool scored the 2md goal manu players just stopped playing Liverpool didn't really play that well they didn't need to .Also you have to laugh Antony cost 85m and is dog shite gakpo cost 36m and is actually not a bad player both come from the Dutch top league

There's only one "United"......

Well there clearly isn’t only one United, that’s my point. Lets say you were abroad, got chatting to a foreigner about football and he asked who you supported and you replied ‘United’ there’s no way he’ll say ‘Oh yeah, Oxford United’ !!!! Say you support ‘Oxford’ and that will resonate virtually everywhere in the world - far more impactful.

No, not with me. I never refer to Oxford as ‘United’, why would you ? Oxford sounds way better and much more identifiable and exclusive. Why would you want to be known as ‘United’ when lots of others are referred to as ’United’ ? Makes no sense whatsoever. For what ever reason I mostly refer to Manchester United as United - like a lot of neutrals do. Your a bit odd wanting Oxford United to be called United rather than Oxford !
You are missing the point. Manchester United are only known as 'United' because "neutrals" keep doing it. It is disrespectful to all the other Uniteds, especially when the club forum you are doing it on is one.

I don't refer to us as United that often, because, again, it isn't our name.

Well there clearly isn’t only one United, that’s my point. Lets say you were abroad, got chatting to a foreigner about football and he asked who you supported and you replied ‘United’ there’s no way he’ll say ‘Oh yeah, Oxford United’ !!!! Say you support ‘Oxford’ and that will resonate virtually everywhere in the world - far more impactful.
so call them Manchester then.... simples and far more impactful I assume

so call them Manchester then.... simples and far more impactful I assume
Ah yes but if you told a foreign person in a different country you support Manchester they'd think your a city fan ....... On second thoughts it's only united or citeh in Manchester

I will keep calling Manchester United ‘United’ and call Oxford ‘Oxford’, if a few Little Englanders can’t handle it that’s tough. Get over it.

You are missing the point. Manchester United are only known as 'United' because "neutrals" keep doing it. It is disrespectful to all the other Uniteds, especially when the club forum you are doing it on is one.

Is it really disrespectful ? Life‘s too bloody short to be bothered by this sort of playground nonsense. So you feel disrespected by this ? Wow.

Id say you’d be in a minority of one if you’re genuinely saying you’ve never once, in a pub conversation or wherever, referred to Manchester United as United and you ALWAYS call them Manchester United. Really ? Sorry but I don’t believe that, I don’t know anyone who does that. Same with City I assume ? You always say Bristol Rovers ? Never just say Rovers ? That might disrespect and offend Blackburn fans. See just how ridiculous this is !

Id say you’d be in a minority of one if you’re genuinely saying you’ve never once, in a pub conversation or wherever, referred to Manchester United as United and you ALWAYS call them Manchester United. Really ? Sorry but I don’t believe that, I don’t know anyone who does that. Same with City I assume ? You always say Bristol Rovers ? Never just say Rovers ? That might disrespect and offend Blackburn fans. See just how ridiculous this is !
I don't call them united, usually Man U (which I shouldn't really as the background behind it isn't pleasant but something I've done since a kid) or Man Utd.

Not sure why you are getting so triggered by this to be honest.

I will keep calling Manchester United ‘United’ and call Oxford ‘Oxford’, if a few Little Englanders can’t handle it that’s tough. Get over it.

Struggling to see how it's a little Englander thing?

Good to have you back anyway baldy, some good attempts to deflect from the 7-0 hammering your team got yesterday as well, at least the Qataris are finally coming.

He is most definitely not in a minority of 1.
Many call them Man U rather than 'United'

I did think that it would resurface, having had it's ownership transferred to a new "business" - once the requisite pieces of silver had changed hands of course. I guess the Glazers don't want to reduce the amount of cash they can move offshore.

Maybe I'm too sensitive (perhaps @dickwalton1964 could advise) but a report on the BBC after the recent Manchester United v Leeds United match included reference to the performance of 'United' without any distinction being made. So yes, referring to Manchester United as 'United' is indeed disrespectful to every other club with that suffix. Just don't do it.

Back
Top Bottom