League Cup Liverpool field ineligible player

Oxymoron

Seems the scousers fax machine was not set up prior to their Wednesday night win against MK.

Expulsion is a possibility (yeah, right), but would the Don's get a reprieve and pick up a money spinning tie against the Arsenal or do the gunners get a day off and safe passage to the quarter finals?

Seems the scousers fax machine was not set up prior to their Wednesday night win against MK.

Expulsion is a possibility (yeah, right), but would the Don's get a reprieve and pick up a money spinning tie against the Arsenal or do the gunners get a day off and safe passage to the quarter finals?

I believe it would be a bye for Arsenal, rather than MK getting readmitted.

However Wolves did the same thing a few years ago, and managed to negotiate themselves a fine instead.

When West Ham played an ineligible Manny omoyimni (remember him?) against Villa in the quarter finals, the game was replayed at a later date - Villa won...

MK should face Arsenal. If Liverpool played an illegible player the result should favour the opponents who played by the rules.
Could this be a way of avoiding Carabao games for Liverpool? Rather than not play them, get thrown out by a rule, thus helping their league form?

I believe it would be a bye for Arsenal, rather than MK getting readmitted.

However Wolves did the same thing a few years ago, and managed to negotiate themselves a fine instead.

If Liverpool are chucked out (they won't be, it will be a fine), my understanding is Dongs would play Arsenal.

Fined £200,000, half of which is suspended, and get to stay in the competition.

Draconian! How can they possibly afford that amount? :rolleyes:
Well they should just be thankful they weren't at the mercy of the Spanish FA, they are over-the-top harsh...

football authorities are a total disgrace ... and , are s**t scared of any PL club!

I wonder whether it is that so much as the guidelines having not been updated with all the mega money coming into the Prem? I'm not sure how the system works or how the fine is determined - just playing devils advocate and happy to be proved wrong. I do still think there is a clear bias towards prem teams.

I would like to see a clearer system where fines are determined on the finances of the club. Larger clubs with larger revenue pay more, naturally.

I wonder whether it is that so much as the guidelines having not been updated with all the mega money coming into the Prem? I'm not sure how the system works or how the fine is determined - just playing devils advocate and happy to be proved wrong. I do still think there is a clear bias towards prem teams.

I would like to see a clearer system where fines are determined on the finances of the club. Larger clubs with larger revenue pay more, naturally.

They cheated.
When Manny illegibly played for West Ham against Villa the match was replayed.
Simple precedent that should have been applied again.

But its Liverpool.............. wasn`t their fault. Filthy scouse (insert string of four letter words here).

They cheated.

But its Liverpool.............. wasn`t their fault. Filthy scouse (insert string of four letter words here).

Hopefully legible four letter words

I bear a grudge from when they cost us, and other "small" clubs, our rightful places in Europe.

Of course it was "everyone else`s fault" ...not just them.

Agreed, victim mentality and the "scouse not English" bullsh*t sums up the football club support.

They cheated.

Liverpool fans and the whole not their fault thing aside, the way the rules are applied genuinely isn't their fault. This is a problem with the FA and EFL (and higher). They're working about 15 years behind the fans and bowing down to big clubs. Until their policies, procedures and a complete rewrite of their guidelines this will continue to carry on.

Back
Top Bottom