Ex-Staff Liam Manning

I said when he left us that the move would benefit nobody but his short-term bank balance. He's taken a play-off chasing team and turned them into a side closer to the relegation zone. If it wasn't for that recent victory, they would be in the mix and it could've easily be six defeats in six. He'll be given the summer and next season but if he fails to achieve a playoff place then he's done.

Home to Leicester then away to Plymouth and Sunderland are not easy games, and Bristol City could find themselves in real trouble in a few weeks.

Home to Leicester then away to Plymouth and Sunderland are not easy games, and Bristol City could find themselves in real trouble in a few weeks.
They realistically already have too many points to go but its still a poor display and not what City expected of him - having said that they have a similar delusional virw of their place in the football hierarchy as we do lol

Just looking at the stats; he had a 48% win record with us yet a miserable 29% at City. Even Des Buckingham has a 33% win record here so far.

There is also a huge expectation with City after many below-par seasons where they struggle to challenge for the playoffs. This also may turn out to be their worst campaign at this level since their promotion back in 2016 despite them being 5pts off the playoff places when Manning joined and also having a transfer window.

They wont go down but even if they manage to win half the remaining games, it'll still be a familiar and miserable season at that level where they've gone nowhere. It's a hard league no doubt but with their resources, they should be challenging for playoffs every year.

Can people stop with the win percentages please? :) I presume it's some weird US thing as they don't believe in draws. PPG is what matters here!

I've never really understood why Bristol City for an ambitious young manager. They're pretty much perennial nearly men or an absolute basket case of a club.

I think Bristol is the biggest city in England without a Premiership football team.....looks like that will continue for a good while longer....

I think Bristol is the biggest city in England without a Premiership football team.....looks like that will continue for a good while longer....
Not for much longer, unless there's a miracle from Wilder!
And actually Leeds is bigger too, so it's not even true this season...!

(I'm guessing you mean *ever* in the Premier League, thinking about it.)

Not for much longer, unless there's a miracle from Wilder!
And actually Leeds is bigger too, so it's not even true this season...!

(I'm guessing you mean *ever* in the Premier League, thinking about it.)
Yeah...that makes more sense now you say it.

Can people stop with the win percentages please? :) I presume it's some weird US thing as they don't believe in draws. PPG is what matters here!
Win % takes into account cup games since you don’t get points for them.
It has also been the measure of a manager the whole time I’ve followed football and that is nearly 30 years now.

It has also been the measure of a manager the whole time I’ve followed football and that is nearly 30 years now.

I don’t remember anyone bringing up win percentages in the 90s, like a lot of stats it’s more recent than that. Our stat was the top goalscorer page flick over on teletext, you knew who was banging the goals in the Scottish fourth division as you had no choice but to wait. That and central south news are probably why we signed Jon Narbett from Hereford United.

And RBIs and batting average have been in baseball for over a hundred years, when realistically there's a loads of metrics which paint a more accurate picture (WRC+ and OPS+ two of the best for anyone who cares).

Just because it once was, doesn't mean it should.

Just looking at the stats; he had a 48% win record with us yet a miserable 29% at City. Even Des Buckingham has a 33% win record here so far.

There is also a huge expectation with City after many below-par seasons where they struggle to challenge for the playoffs. This also may turn out to be their worst campaign at this level since their promotion back in 2016 despite them being 5pts off the playoff places when Manning joined and also having a transfer window.

They wont go down but even if they manage to win half the remaining games, it'll still be a familiar and miserable season at that level where they've gone nowhere. It's a hard league no doubt but with their resources, they should be challenging for playoffs every year.
Why? There are plenty of clubs in the Championship with more resources than Bristol City.

Back
Top Bottom