Ex-Staff Liam Manning

His C/V is Won nothing , got sacked, Jumped ship ....

Or - Reached play offs, saved us from relegation, has us in automatics for most of season and left for a championship job.

By the way, I'm appalled at the way he's gone about this but just playing devils advocate !

Or - Reached play offs, saved us from relegation, has us in automatics for most of season and left for a championship job.

By the way, I'm appalled at the way he's gone about this but just playing devils advocate !
you never know but robbo could of saved us from relegation, or any other Person in charge, Automatics at the moment means nothing yet, leaving for a championship job , is hardly Real Madrid..

Despite all the flak that KR gets on here, I am not sure that he would have done what Manning has done.

Indeed not. He wouldn't have prevented us being relegated, got us to 2nd in the table or received an offer from a club higher up the pyramid, despite wagging his arse at them for 2 seasons.

Robinson was driving the club downwards on and off the field; despite the manner of his leaving, Manning has put us in a good place to improve. I'm with @Colin B - let's respond as a club and as supporters by showing Manning how successful and how together we can be. So he can see what he's missed.

So if I paint 2 of the 4 walls in a room to a good standard I can call it a success? This knowledge could come in useful
Yeah I’d you paint the two walls well then you’ve done a decent job with those walls. By your measure has Harry Kane not achieved anything in football?

That is slightly debatable. He took on an MK Dons side that Russel Martin built well and bottled the autos then bottled the play offs. The following season he built a team who ended up being relegated.

He took on an Oxford side that had decent players, the 3 previous seasons proved that but with a Trainwreck of a manager at the helm who messed up on and off the pitch. He kept us up by 2 points which most at the time thought most managers could of achieved.

He has then added to this squad that underperformed last season but with the help of Ed Waldron so not just a one man band. It's alot weaker league this season in general and I have no doubts a new man can't come in and keep us near the top.
Where did that Mk side finish under Martin?

Also, when you say he “bottled” autos, didn’t they beat Plymouth 5-0 on final day knowing they needed a win to have any chance of finishing top two? Or is it the case these days that any team who just fall short of autos has bottled it?

Manning is one of those people who you can’t actually imagine what he does for fun, doesn’t seem like he would schedule much time in for it.
I'm sure he doesn't hang out with Banksy in a cool part of Bristol. He probably schedules time to read books on 'leadership', odd given that he's clearly focused on himself and not on being an actual leader of a group.

My Bristol City supporting colleague has come in for his once a month visit and doesnt understand what Pearson & Fleming did wrong, best player sold in the summer, little investment made in the squad and sitting 11th in the league and 4pts off play-offs, the good thing (for us) he feels that as general consensus is that Pearson is hard done by that Manning wont be given a lot of time by the supporters!

I noticed how little he talked about the triangle, even on the council decision day. He didn't feel invested then and now I know why. He had no intention of still being with us.

Where did that Mk side finish under Martin?

Also, when you say he “bottled” autos, didn’t they beat Plymouth 5-0 on final day knowing they needed a win to have any chance of finishing top two? Or is it the case these days that any team who just fall short of autos has bottled it?

Martin left during pre season but he signed the likes of Twine, cumming and eisa.

Prior to the 5-0 win at Plymouth. The 4 games before that they won 1 , drew 1 and lost 2 including losing to us. If that isn't bottling autos with 5 games to go I don't know what is.

He then couldn't continue that into the next season and built a squad who ended up being relegated.

It has been 15 games, yes we started well but it is a complete unknown whether he could have finished the job.

Yes, who knows if he could have kept us there but 15 games is hardly the start of the season, it's a third of it gone. Leagues have long since settled down and clubs positions now is roughly where you'd expect them to end up.

Back
Top Bottom