Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Total incompetence after going through a rigorous recruitment process months ago.

Our club never ceases to amaze me.

Nice one Tim/ Grant

Why are you blaming Tim/Grant ? It was ther rigorous recruitment process that appointed a manager that has taken us to 2nd place in the league. Only one person to blame here and that's Manning.

The contract created this mess.
Absolutely not, we don't know his contract but let's look at what we do know, he's had plenty of financial backing, he had 4-500k burning a hole in his pocket, we were second in the league, we allowed staff (Hi Leon) to be sacked so he could bring in his own team and as a result of all of this, we were 2nd and looking good.

The board gave him everything he could have wanted from what I can see, and he's fucked off at the first opportunity. Manning is the villain here, not Tim or Grant, you only have to look at their comments on the official site to see how pissed off they are.

To all those saying he should have stayed and get a promotion on his CV, it really isn't that straightforward...

...great if it comes off, but it will inevitably be a fine line come the end of the season - we could carry on as we are, but someone else finish stronger, pip us to 2nd on goal difference, and then an off day in the playoffs and he remains tagged as a L1 manager..and may even start getting a rep as a promotion bottler...

...but if he makes the move, doesn't have a complete disaster, and makes it into next season then he becomes tagged as a championship level manager.

In short his chances of staying up with BC (and probably quite comfortably) are greater than getting up with us....and it is the being there, not the getting there that is the main thing in football today.

And as others have said, he turned down offers during/after his good season at mkd , and where did that leave him only a few months later?

Saying that, there is a lovely bite to that announcement isn't there...

But you still want us to go for one of the blokes most heavily talked about last time round?
I sure do - can't think of many I'd rather have but I appreciate (or have been educated on) the complexities of getting him. My other options (I really like Rowett) would be a poor fit for what we have here. I think we now have a fairly established squad so you want a coach who fits them.

I liked Manning a lot and wanted him to stay, so what's the next best thing? Ideally another one of him with a bit more of a hunger for goals like McKenna has - I wouldn't mind us throwing a little more caution to the wind now that we have the luxury of choice. Buckingham's team have recently broken a goalscoring record over in India from what I gather, so that's encouraging. He seems the obvious choice, just a shame he's not the easiest.

Why are you blaming Tim/Grant ? It was ther rigorous recruitment process that appointed a manager that has taken us to 2nd place in the league. Only one person to blame here and that's Manning.

Absolutely not, we don't know his contract but let's look at what we do know, he's had plenty of financial backing, he had 4-500k burning a hole in his pocket, we were second in the league, we allowed staff (Hi Leon) to be sacked so he could bring in his own team and as a result of all of this, we were 2nd and looking good.

The board gave him everything he could have wanted from what I can see, and he's fucked off at the first opportunity. Manning is the villain here, not Tim or Grant, you only have to look at their comments on the official site to see how pissed off they are.
If you believe in the individual you have recruited then you don't leave yourself open with a silly clause like that.

We've gone from one extreme where our board struggled to justify a big payoff (another clause) to get rid of KR to leaving ourselves open that our overachieving manager got poached.

Very saddened by the news. We need stability as quickly as possible. Here's hoping that there was a plan B in place. Buckingham seems to be the consensus choice of the forum. Sigh. Football is a cruel mistress.

Back
Top Bottom