Ex-Staff Liam Manning

A quite superb job has been done by LM and co. Make no mistake, this squad of players and the wider staff were in disarray before he arrived.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what he can do over the summer. I have little doubt that he will make light work of getting rid of the deadwood. There will be no ‘jobs for the boys’ or contracts dished out based on loyalties. It will be calculated decision making which is heavily data driven.

I’d say that he will need a couple of transfer windows to really mould his ideas into the playing squad. That said, I’d absolutely snap your hand off for a top 12 finish next season and perhaps a little cup run. If, we then have a really big push for the promised land in 24/25.

Exciting times ahead. Thanks to LM and Co for instilling some self belief and pride back into following our wonderful football club.

Just shows what a tactician Manning is compared to Robinson
We couldn’t buy a clean sheet under him
9 games under Manning 4 clean sheets
He got the basics right allowing us to make more chances as his time went on. It was only our inability to put chances away especially v Bolton SW and Pompey that put us in the position we were
Have to say I was one of those who thought Manning was a good manager but not the one to get us out of the mess created by Robinson
Wiliams and Ferguson now need to get the fans back on their side because they are as much to blame as Robinson
A real fans forum would be a start

Just shows what a tactician Manning is compared to Robinson
We couldn’t buy a clean sheet under him
9 games under Manning 4 clean sheets
He got the basics right allowing us to make more chances as his time went on. It was only our inability to put chances away especially v Bolton SW and Pompey that put us in the position we were
Have to say I was one of those who thought Manning was a good manager but not the one to get us out of the mess created by Robinson
Wiliams and Ferguson now need to get the fans back on their side because they are as much to blame as Robinson
A real fans forum would be a start

We couldn’t get many results under the THING that was here, because the players downed tools, and the dressing room was lost in Sept/Oct.

It’s all about preparation now for next season. I’m sure that is the mission now we know we are in Lge 1 next season. It might sound controversial but TW gets a clean slate from me now. He recruited the correct manager, and now it’s all about driving the recruitment forward for next season.

There might be a few surprises when the retained and released list comes out in the next couple of weeks.

Why do you say that?

I think certain players will be gone, edged out, because they will either get offered lower terms, or just not in the managers plans.

Matty Taylor for example, I’d offer him a lower wage, so he either stays or goes in search of a better wage elsewhere.

I think one of the goalkeepers will be gone.

We will see what happens, but the squad does need shaking up.

I think certain players will be gone, edged out, because they will either get offered lower terms, or just not in the managers plans.

Matty Taylor for example, I’d offer him a lower wage, so he either stays or goes in search of a better wage elsewhere.

I think one of the goalkeepers will be gone.

We will see what happens, but the squad does need shaking up.
Taylor doesn’t have a contract so we don’t need to offer him anything.

If a player has a contract, we can’t just offer them lower wages and expect them to agree. We have a legal obligation to pay them what we agreed.

He really has we could of unearthed a gem. Let's hope so it's a patient style and even Findley was getting forward with 6 really good signings we could be very good.It was interesting when Murphy went off how the players applauded him .So much more of a team feeling. I know it was only Forrest Green but it was solid. And I don't think we will see the Robinson lazy transfer market like last year. I think we can all be abit more excited about our future well done from the Board Manager Players Staff and us we are a team.
Some saw Murphy as one of KR's favourites who just had to declare himself fit to make the starting eleven even if he had done nothing in training
Human nature being what it is team mates are never happy in this situation
LM has handled Murphy brilliantly. He was (surprisingly) in many of LM's early starting elevens but eventually hooked at HT in a game where he was underperforming and left out of the next squad completely
That seems to have concentrated the lad's mind and showed the other players that this is a completely different regime to the one they endured previously
Now that Murphy is putting in a proper shift they see him as a team mate deserving of their support
Long may it continue

Taylor doesn’t have a contract so we don’t need to offer him anything.

If a player has a contract, we can’t just offer them lower wages and expect them to agree. We have a legal obligation to pay them what we agreed.

Exactly, so offer him a soft deal, so he ends up going elsewhere.

LM - Hi Matty we like to offer you a deal, so you can stay with us, but it will be on a lesser wage.

MT no thanks, I will sign for someone else.

LM - Hi Matty we like to offer you a deal, so you can stay with us, but it will be on a lesser wage.

We don’t need to offer him anything though…

He’ll be a free agent at the end of June

A quite superb job has been done by LM and co. Make no mistake, this squad of players and the wider staff were in disarray before he arrived.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what he can do over the summer. I have little doubt that he will make light work of getting rid of the deadwood. There will be no ‘jobs for the boys’ or contracts dished out based on loyalties. It will be calculated decision making which is heavily data driven.

I’d say that he will need a couple of transfer windows to really mould his ideas into the playing squad. That said, I’d absolutely snap your hand off for a top 12 finish next season and perhaps a little cup run. If, we then have a really big push for the promised land in 24/25.

Exciting times ahead. Thanks to LM and Co for instilling some self belief and pride back into following our wonderful football club.
Nail on head.

With Manning we should also see the end of Robinsons crazy pre-season practise of playing two pre-season games the same day, shortly before the start of the season, which in my opinion led to at least one player ending up with hamstring issues and unavailable for the start of the new campaign.

You know we don’t actually have to offer him anything if we don’t want him?

Personally hope we don’t sign Taylor back on, it’s nothing personal, he has been great for us but I have had enough of forwards in their mid thirties.

I am very impressed with LM & CO. Grace under pressure, and resilient, players seem to like him, harder to beat, and kept us up. I for one cannot wait, if the board back him, what kind of team he will build. The basics are a must, which he has already installed. Defense, CDM x2, pacey wingers 2/3 strikers, keep the youngsters they certainly done their bit. As for the board, let this be a learning curve, DoF? Just my thoughts, I think the release of players, the summer of incoming players, positive news, and behind scenes with positive news could be very good reading. Lastly, KR, the first 3 years I cannot fault, good football, exciting to watch, cup runs, then the complete imploding of decision making, etc, etc I for one will be checking all the news from Leeds, west Yorkshire. COYY's

That’s harsh. If the idea is to keep Findlay and replace Moore then it better be someone who can win headers because that’s the weakest part of Findlay’s game and the strongest part of Moore‘s game. I don’t think Cairon Brown is great aerially either.
Ciaron brown is pretty decent in the air wins more than what your insinuating.

With Manning we should also see the end of Robinsons crazy pre-season practise of playing two pre-season games the same day, shortly before the start of the season, which in my opinion led to at least one player ending up with hamstring issues and unavailable for the start of the new campaign.

I was thinking the same. KR’s pre seasons were shambolic, a bit like his transfer dealings. No coincidence we always started a season so badly under him and therefore playing catch up straight away. I’m so excited for what LM can do.

Back
Top Bottom